Sharing same account with a friend

I plan to buy a lifetime suscription in wanikani tomorrow, but I want to know if I can share my account with only one friend of mine, can I do it? If so, then how. Please I am new here.

I’ve no idea if it goes against any rules WaniKani has to do so, but I wouldn’t advise sharing your account. There’s no way to keep track of multiple users’ progress. Furthermore, it would hinder your learning to share with another user, who may progress at a slower or faster pace than you.

6 Likes

No, you can’t.

• Your login may only be used by one person — i.e., a single login may not be shared by multiple people.

From

https://www.wanikani.com/terms#b-account-terms

15 Likes

You’re not supposed to share the password and both be using the account. It would screw it all up anyway if more than one person was doing lessons and reviews.

Buuut, if someone were to watch over your shoulder as you did it, doing it on their own with pencil and paper, well. I don’t think that would be too far out of the spirit of the rule. I guess that could be considered distributing the content without a license from the copyright holder, but I don’t think anyone would argue with that (or have any way to know)

From a forum standpoint, it wouldn’t be advisable. If your friend decides to get banned from the forums, you both pay the price. Your username is linked to you- and so is the reputation you cultivate here. One person can undermine the trust and the relationships you build here.

One person can ruin it for the both of you. Better get separate accounts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.