Share your overall accuracy!

accuracy
wow
so you mean I have the worse vocabulary reading accuracy here?
impressive.

4 Likes

aa

Kind of surprised my accuracy is as high as it is, but Iā€™m still a low level so thereā€™s plenty of time for that to change. Thereā€™s always a few kanji readings I donā€™t get the first review after the lessons though, which shows.

1 Like

Screenshot_20190606-122756

Itā€™s dropped a bit recently. If I am doing a 50/50 guess on vocab or kanji then get it correct, I will purposefully fail the reading or meaning if I havenā€™t already completed it

I know WK is gamified to make it fun and compelling so I try to remember that I am here to learn, not level up asap. Itā€™s difficult because it really hurts my pride to see a lower review % but I feel failing items on purpose to help my long-term understanding is the best path for me

Geez, I sound like a pompous arse

1 Like

accuracy

I guess Iā€™m happy if I can keep it above 95. At some point Iā€™ll start hitting more and more things Iā€™m not at least tangentially familiar with, though, so maybe itā€™ll go down.

I like how the radical percentage shows, so far at least, my problem is more with wanikani than the kanji! but Iā€™m getting used to it now~

1 Like

yeah, i was surprised, too. But bad accuracy plus many leeches in more than three years daily reviewing here equals that crazy amount.
It says Iā€™m slow but not lazy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What are leeches?

My weak point is definitely reading, I struggle to remember the mnemonics and thinking up of your own can be hard. Enjoying the WaniKani ride though! Feels amazing looking back at everything you learned. Hopefully my accuracy will improve in a few levels :muscle:

1 Like

Maybe that thread from @chrispthompson explains it good.

3 Likes

Iā€™m happy with where Iā€™m at. Iā€™m also surprised with how well Iā€™m going. I use WK on my phone so no scripts here.

3 Likes

I think Iā€™m doing pretty okay. I wanna get my accuracy up to 95% in all categories though! Mastery and all that.

Screenshot_68

1 Like

I can match these error numbers almost one-for-one (I decided to share because they were such nice round numbers, and then saw this!) Sadly I reached them much quicker (:

wkstats_300_small

(also, sorry for reviving, I just wanted to preserve these my nice round error numbers somewhere)

I think the most interesting bit about this topic is to see how different the split between reading and meaning accuracy is between different people.

1 Like

Currrently just trying to burn everything, just got to over 8,000 burned, around 900 to go!

And yes, I know, my accuracy is not great, but Iā€™d argue consistency and perseverance matter more than accuracy when learning a language (took me around 4 years to get to level 60)

7 Likes

It says 87.7% with 88,016 reviews, butā€¦

ā€¦ the number of reviews goes down when you do a re-set. Iā€™m pretty sure I used to have more reviews.

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 23.40.20

Itā€™s taken me three years to get here, and kanji is my strongest skill in terms of Japanese. Some of us are just not cut out to learn languages!

2 Likes

@DaisukeJigen, you are my hero! 80.76%, and 623,329 reviews!
May I ask how long youā€™ve been doing this?
And youā€™ve reached level 44! You really are my hero!

Meanings of vocabulary words are definitely my weakness, absolutely need to do more reading which I have been working on.

I feel like the last 4 levels or so have been the hardest for this, and my accuracy definitely took a dip. Iā€™m interested to see what it looks like then I get to later levels :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

I think your accuracy looks pretty good. :slight_smile: I certainly donā€™t do better myself, and Iā€™m not too worried about it. As long as items keep moving up in the SRS system rather than down, and I keep leveling, Iā€™m fine with things as they are.

current accurarcy june 22

1 Like

Hey thanks, man. Yours too!

I think that is the best attitude, I guess even if accuracy was far lower but resulted in successfully remembering all the readings eventually itā€™s not really a problem :grin:

The vocabulary does seem to be getting quite difficult around level 21/22 though, Iā€™m scared for the subsequent levelsā€¦

1 Like

Same here!

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 19.34.16

2 Likes

As someone with decent acc, I definitely agree with that. Youā€™re far better off than someone with high accuracy that quit in like the 20s and 30s! Generally speaking, as long as someoneā€™s okay with the progress theyā€™re making, then the percentages themselves shouldnā€™t matter that much.

2 Likes

I like how the level 60 people all have like 90ish and lower levels 95ish because thats jsut like it was for me too

same here dude