Share your best Study tips for WaniKani!

52 AM

1 Like

This post makes me superrr curious.

1 Like

BUT WHAT DID IT SAY

honestly. rude.

4 Likes

LOL WELL GOOD LUCK

1 Like

I missed the picture again!! :sob:

/thread

2 Likes

oh. guys, i misread. looks like i win

4 Likes

ooh, sounds like one o’ them competition-thingies is kicking off.

chrome_2017-10-17_15-38-40

Without "burned items only" mode

chrome_2017-10-17_15-39-27

(I recommend “burned only” mode to control KW review counts, if you aren’t already doing that…)

I have a tip for people who have lapsed and now have several hundred reviews waiting for them: set yourself an arbitrary session limit. Mine’s 150– no matter how many reviews I may have waiting, I never do more in one sitting than there are generation 1 pokemon. That way, I never get burn myself out trying to get back to zero, but I’m still doing a substantial enough number of reviews that I see change over time. It also, if you are a person with good short term recall and bad long term, forces you to slow down long enough to actually burn some of your backlog before progressing.

NOTE: this strategy only works if you are not using reorder scripts. don’t do this if you are using a reorder script; you will only make burn-out more likely.

1 Like

Not very good tips. Better way is to use srs for its full potential.

Depends how you use it! I found it really helpful to sort my reviews with lowest level first – that way I could keep working on the same part of my backlog until I actually learned it.

I use reorder script to do both ascending and descending Level, alternately. Just watch your Apprentice number.

I do in multiples of 25, but how much I actually do is arbitrary. I never stop in within an ugly number…

And “True Number” script is highly recommended.

1 Like

My tips? How would that in any way break the srs system?

I struggled with this for a while, trying to get on top of reviews and lessons but in the end decided the best thing for me to do was reset. It felt really shitty in the moment, especially because I reset to a level, then a couples days later realized it was best to reset down another level. I’m impressed by your perseverance to get through them all, good for you honestly.

Are there any sentence learning decks that corresponds with Wanikani progression Level?
Or maybe a webapp that looks for sentences which only contain kanji/vocab you cleared in Wanikani?

2 Likes

yes, i know there are many options, but none that i personally use.
hopefully someone will see this and help you out? I know you can use your API key with ANKI somehow and make decks. but I’ve never used anki either so I’m zero help.

To answer my own question (should I feel lonely now T_T):
www.satorireader.com can be linked with your Wanikani API Key

3 Likes

Where do you find the place to link it on the site?