Sentence learning like WaniKani

I’m sorry if I’m retreading old ground here, but I don’t know where to find it to read about it. Obviously - like *obviously, the holy grail is for the WaniKani folks to make another app for sentence/grammar learning. WaniKani is sooooo good. Where is the companion app? Is it coming? Or has it been abandoned? Thank you.

2 Likes

You didn’t mention BunPro, so I have to ask, are you aware of https://bunpro.jp/?

3 Likes

That looks like a good one for sure. Thank you!

Just to be clear - it’s not made by the Tofugu team, right?
Is it correct that the Tofugu team is not currently making something for sentence / grammar learning?

2 Likes

Well, I am vaguely aware that they are working on https://etoeto.com/ but it’s been… since before I joined the forums that this has been in the works, I don’t even know if they’re still working on it to be honest, just have it bookmarked in case it ever launches. So, I wouldn’t get your hopes up, but they are working on it.

1 Like

I see. Thank you for making that clear.

1 Like

Correct, BunPro is not by the WaniKani team.

1 Like

Can this be considered a sentence learning?

Definetly! This is a great example of sentence mining. Though if you do go this route I’d advise also playing through the game in Japanese in conjunction with going through the deck to reinforce it in context. If I’m not mistaken that same user uploaded a pre-made deck with all the lines for the witcher too, though I believe the witcher is even more… liberally translated, so the english often probably doesn’t really match the japanese.

Another user on that subreddit also uploaded some of the pokémon games and the animal crossing game if I’m not mistaken. While I’m personally not a fan of these pre-build decks they safe you a LOT of time compared to making them yourself!

1 Like

Koichi wrote a guide about studying with Japanese sentences:

since 2013 :sob:

1 Like

Damn, knew it has been a long time, didn’t know it was 7 years though :scream_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.