[Scriptable] iOS Wanikani Leeches Widget

I actually just went ahead and swapped out the url on my phone and it worked without a hitch. I’ll go ahead and update the script on Github as well.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking of maybe just making it an app with an actual widget. That way it can have like a list of leeches in storage for when it can’t connect to the internet and it’ll work offline.

…that would require me to have enough free time away from work/family to actually do that though.

Would you be comfortable with me using your API in that situation?

I’m not sure when or even if I’d actually get around to doing it. Just asking in advance.

That would be great! If it overwhelmed things in any way then we can work it out then. Let me know if you do get around to it and I’ll implement some kind of user agent header or something so we can track how many requests are coming from your app.

1 Like

Lately I’ve been getting the same error as before that “the data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format.” I haven’t made any changes to the code or my API key, could there be something the matter with the leech API?

1 Like

Same here! I hope it will fix on its own like it did for others

1 Like

Hey there, just wanted to ping you to ask about your leeches API, is that still an active project? I’m still getting the “the data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format” and the issue seems to be with that API.

I’ve not made any changes to the API in months, simply haven’t had the time. Things look okay on the monitoring dashboard. Do you have an example query I can try out here and see what I can find out?

1 Like

Are you able to run the Scriptable widget? I’m not quite tech-savvy enough to know which part of it is failing, that would give me “the data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format,” so I can’t think of an example query (sorry!).

Edit to add: just wanted to note that my other uses of my WK API keys work just fine, so that’s not the issue.

Edit 2: well, let’s try something like getting an example value for json.leeches.length (from the Scriptable script)

Oh geez! Sorry! It was totally my fault that this has been broken for so long, there was nothing wrong with the widget at all. I don’t understand why it wasn’t flagged to me automatically, but that’s for me to find out.

No worries! Thanks so much, the widget is working great now!

Widget users, you’re going to need to make a change to the installed code. The address of the server has changed and should now be https://leeches.rosshendry.com.

The old server on Heroku will be going away in the next few days as they’re getting rid of the free tier entirely.