Script request...The Insult Script

This might be the best thing I’ve heard today :joy:

2 Likes

Now announcing WK Insult Script: SUPER BETA VERSION

It includes: 10 unique insults! Basic Random number generator! A bug, probably!

Use at your own risk: the thing

Probably we will have some sort of insult contest for new ones, but for now, feel free to add your own, you hackers, you.

3 Likes

I am giving it a go…though no reviews for 1.5 hrs so I will report back after that…might have to intentionally get something wrong…that will be a first!

I may or may not have sacrificed some of my leechy vocabulary for the greater good during testing.

2 Likes

Neat! That was fast! Then again it was probably super easy to whip up.
Can you post a screenshot of it in action?

It was fast/easy. I have never made a userscript before, so I had to some research in there too. Thing is, there’s a reason I’m calling this “super beta version”. Be kind. To come: defs more/better insults, this is just a skeleton, and some animation when the message comes in, right now, it’s a little jarring…

Only about 35% of insults are in Japanese, pictured here is one suggested by @patjennings24, OP extraordinaire. Google translate offers the ever helpful: “Fool Well then? Incorrect answer will do routinely.”

I feel like 馬鹿じゃないの? would have a more tsundere feel to it.

2 Likes

I’m imagining a great thread, in which everyone puts out suggestions, and the ones with the most likes get added to the script. Maybe one day. But also, it is super easy to edit once you have installed the script. You can add/change/remove the specifics to your heart’s delight.

I am considering three different ideas right now along the lines of what you just said:

1. I wait for a while and see if people end up posting more insult suggestions here since more people come on at a different time of the day.

2. If that fails, I might try to start a thread just about good insults and see if I can fish from there.

3. I spend time and effort searching the dark corners of the internet for insults and then make a poll and people vote on it.

Still not sure which direction is the best idea so I think I am gonna wait a bit first before doing anything, but I like the idea of voting by likes or in some form definitely.

1 Like

You’re the boss, boss. I’m fine adding/tweaking it over time. I like the idea of having other WK-ers suggesting stuff, because I think the forums here have a certain tone.

Agreed, I would by far prefer if that is what happens…but we will just have to see if people are interested enough to give input.

Also, since you are the creator, you are much more the boss than I am…I am just the lazy person who had an idea and asked someone else to figure it out for me

We will wait for more people to wake up and get on. The same 10 lines are gonna get real old when you get stuff wrong as much as I do…

I decided to give it a shot too, since I’m new to javascript and enjoy the practice. Actually started before you mentioned doing one too, but I had to step away for a bit. Anyway, I took inspiration from the Fast Abridged Wrong Answer script and put it below the actual answer. I also made it so you can use the text box to add your own strings.

2 Likes

Neat. How did you learn to code? just as a hobby or for a job or something?

Just tried it! It was pretty similar to how I imagined it. I think the main fix now will just be more insults, besides that it looks pretty great! Maybe some font things etc, to make it look more pretty but I like it a lot

(Also, I had 3 reviews and did like 10 mistakes just to see what it was like. Definitely ruined the SRS for those words)

I took a beginner’s class in python once, and another using matlab, but other than that I’ve just been learning as I go, mostly making things for WK. I wouldn’t say I’m good by any standard, but as long as the stuff I make works then I’m satisfied.

5 Likes

That’s for pussies!

Indeed positive reinforcement is the best way to train a cat, thanks for pointing that out.

7 Likes

Is there anything you can’t do? :eyes:

4 Likes

No way, Kumi is magic.

5 Likes