Scheduled Downtime for August 8, 1:30pm PDT

This is 21.30 in the UK

5 Likes

Oh nice, so 22:30 in NL

2 Likes

I look forward to reading the pink banner message 5 times a day until then :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Update: We’ve done a couple more dry-runs on the maintenance, and it’s looking more like we need two hours for this one. I updated the original message with the new time estimate, too.

15 Likes

That’s my usual WaniKani time, guess I’ll clear out my reviews before bed on Thursday and get around to clearing our my Bunpro reviews instead that morning.
Hope all goes well, database maintenance sucks but it’s important. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:thinking:So I have a question:

What happens to our review queues during this time?

:stopwatch: Do they get pushed out by two hours (like vacation mode) where the clock stops for the time the system is offline?
:books:Or is the clock still running and it’ll just seem like I didn’t come by to do any reviews during the two hours?

(Sorry in advance if someone already asked the question.) :flushed:

2 hours? What’ll I do with all that time, will I have to… g-go o-outside?

8 Likes

There is no clock. Reviews have a timestamp at which they come available. If you have items which should become due during that time, you’ll be able to do them as soon as WK is back online, no other reviews will be affected.

1 Like

I’m assuming the second

The second. It’s technically possible to push them out by two hours, but that could extend the downtime even more, so…

2 Likes

You explain things so well that I could hear you talk all day.

2 Likes

Bingo.

We try and do our database maintenance without having to take the app down. Usually this means longer, drawn out migrations instead of the more direct route which usually includes table locking, et cetera.

Unfortunately, in this upcoming maintenance we are unable to do that. We are upgrading the version of the database server and there are some features we would like to have which require creating a new db and copying the data over. And with all the review data we have to copy… heh.

14 Likes

tenor

Oh kind sir, you do say the nicest things… :blush:

5 Likes

Would I be correct in assuming the forums will remain online during the maintenance?

Yes :dancing_men:

3 Likes

Yes. The forums will remain online during maintenance.

4 Likes

My first fast level was level 41, but 3 days after I started, more radicals/kanji were added to it… Fast level gone.

Tomorrow I hope to be level 43, a fast level again… then maintenance is coming…

You really hate me

7 Likes

thats what you get for being excited to learn :wink:

7 Likes

you can download tsurukame and do them offline!

1 Like

Aaaand here we go!

17 Likes