Sayaka Murata Book Club

Wow, that’s weird. It’s about the same on Amazon.

I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. Konbini Ningen is half a year younger than コーヒーが冷めないうちに and it’s just half the price. Whatever the reason may be, it’s super annoying. :joy:

2 Likes

Actually, this one is a problem for me :sweat_smile: My original plan was to start Murata Marathon on my own sometime Fall/Winter 2021 and continue into 2022 and hopefully finishing in 2022.
Now, this book club will obviously go slower. But reading with others is so much more energizing~
On the other hand, there is also high risk of people dropping out on the way :confounded: So, uh, I need a crystal ball or a clairvoyant to tell me which books will go first, so I can start with the ones at the end of the queue :laughing:

Oh, and by the way, Murata also has 3 non-fiction books. :stuck_out_tongue: As far as I could tell, these are reviews, articles, essays and such, compiled from various magazines.

1 Like

Maybe the poll gives a good indication? You could start with the ones at the bottom?

2 Likes

Yep, that’s my plan for now. But I saw favorites changing places in the consecutive “main” book clubs polls, so there’s still some risk :wink:

1 Like

There we have it. I have closed the poll. Looks like we’re reading 授乳 next! Will make a home thread and do some proselytising in the next few days :grin:

6 Likes

Here it is, get votin’ :grin:

5 Likes

I knew I shouldn’t buy 授乳 until the book club starts.
They have a point back sale now on Amazon.jp, they give back 30%. Not as good as the 50% a few months ago, but still.
Books in the sale: 消滅世界, 殺人出産 (if someone hasn’t bought it yet), 授乳, 星が吸う水, マウス.
Apparently it started a week ago, and it’s until 7/22.

6 Likes

Thanks! I bought the lot. Guess I know which books I’ll be voting for the next time round :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, is this on Kindle? Bookwalker does not seem to have them on sale. :cry:

Sorry, I edited my original post not to confuse more people.

1 Like

I got the rest during the last sale/points back thing a while ago, but I bought this one now! I think it might not have been part of the sale last time, or maybe I just missed it. :smiley:

Indeed. :eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve checked @Aislin 's post and it wasn’t.
I only bought 授乳 and 消滅世界 this time, and I’ve added the rest to my wish list. (I don’t like having tsundoku, even in a digital form.) Though I’m not sure if I get any notifications if they are discounted.

1 Like

I was complaining before that I don’t know which books I can safely read on my own, so this helps :grin:

2 Likes

Just a quick heads-up that currently there is a Bookwalker coin cashback special going on (until 2021-07-26T00:59:00Z), which gives you around 40% or so cashback on all books afaict.

4 Likes

Now it’s even cheaper on Amazon:
Screenshot_20210813-100518

And I see Bookwalker also has a coin sale going on.

4 Likes

Damn, those point back sales… I might pile up tsundoku after all…

3 Likes

Thanks! Great deal, time to buy it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s an endless cycle of buying Murata books, getting points back, using those points to buy more Murata books, etc.

6 Likes

I’m a bit late, but I just read on twitter that

本日8月14日は村田沙耶香さんのお誕生日。

Happy Birthday, Murata-sensei! :partying_face:

6 Likes

oh no, I missed it too :frowning: Do you maybe remember which twitter account posted it?

1 Like