Road to 60, how I got here, and other stuff

Are you some kind of bot

5 Likes

Hey @RysingDragon,

Thanks for sharing your story. Obviously it is a big achievement but I’m quite stunned that it took you an average of 6 days per level. How is that possible?

I read your method of doing all your reviews everyday, so do I. But in my case levelling up take a LOT more time. So am I right to assume that you made almost always right answers?

You also say that you did 20 lessons a day but my rate of lesson unlocking doesn’t give me 20 new items to learn everyday.

So for these reasons I’m really curious… I’d love to progress faster but it doesn’t seem to be as fast for me than it was for you…

If you have any advice or recommendation that would greatly help.

Thanks and congrats again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its time i ask the following: what is this gif from???

1 Like

Well done, Rice!

1 Like

Good lord! Congratulations, this is ultimately my goal, except I stretched it across 2 years. Do you think it would be beneficial for me to speed it up to avoid pitfalls?

Well you unlock 100+ with a new level, so after doing 20 you have 80 left and they will sit there until you do. That means that he did radicals right away and 2nd batch of kanji right after radicals, and it was the vocab that was spread out and the 1st batch of kanji that was spread out between radicals and 2nd batch. What allows you this freedom is the reorder script.

You only need to get everything right for at least 95% until they reach guru (I didn’t say 90% because this might stop you from unlocking 90% of the kanji soon enough) and then 90% of the kanji, so getting one or two wrong on the second batch of kanji won’t hurt you. There’s also more tolerance for the 1st batch of kanji depending on how early you started those.

I think @RysingDragon will give you a better answer as he is more experienced but I think personally that you can refine your speed each week to match your ideal speed. Going too fast? Slow down a bit next week. Going too slow? Pick up the pace a bit next week.
And the pace is mostly determined by the amount of apprentice level items you have, even though there are surges of master/guru/enlightened sometimes. Apprentice matters most because it doesn’t affect SRS so much if you do the other items one day or two after it comes up.
For this, the reorder script is essential.

3 Likes

Congrats Rysing-san. We’ve talked in English-Japanese learning discord before IIRC.

CONGRATS :tada: :tada:
I hope to join you one day Just not anytime soon lol
tenor%20(12)

I feel like this is a good time to ask. It’s been bugging me for a while :thinking:
How to pronounce:

• ライジングDragonさん
  • リージングDragonさん

0 voters

1 Like

Congratulations! That’s a great achievement you’ve made - with incredible speed! :flushed::smile:

So there really is cake at level 60 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

chiya_emoji

1 Like

I didn’t/don’t get things right that much, I just focused primarily on kanji since those are what you need to guru to lvl up. I forget when but somewhere around lvl 20-30 I just used the ignore script whenever I got a radical review wrong because I found them unimportant. If you find yourself struggling with kanji I highly recommend using the self-study quiz. Usually studying the kanji with that for around 20 mins was enough to get 90% kanji guru.

As for my lessons, @dimitri-scripnic is right that my method using the reorder script allowed that to happen. There were some days I had to do more, some I had to do less/none but generally that was a system that worked for me.

2 Likes

Rice, you are awesome, and it is awesome to have seen you reach 60! Congratulations! Next is the race to win floflo…maybe the cake will be there … See you there!!! :wink::turtle::upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Hmmm. The last time I leveled up I got 60 upfront. Do you mean 100+ total / level? I’m already using a few scripts but didn’t know about the reorder. It seems totally handy to speed up the new items unlock. Thanks!

Didn’t know about this one either… thanks! Any other obvious script recommendations are welcome :slight_smile:

Thank you both for your replies.

Ohh don’t know about level 15 and higher, that’s what I’ve been getting for the last couple levels. Maybe it’s because a lot of those are vocab from the previous level that were unlocked with the 2nd batch of kanji being guru.

I know, I’m super late, don’t kill me Yukine …
But you did it yayyyyyyy :D I’ll be joining you someday!

1 Like

thanks. I’ll see when I reach 16 :slight_smile:

Congratulations, enjoy the cake and the reading practice! ^^ Hope you join you with the golden badge soon ~

(And yes, fast levels are painful… :'c But you got through them!)

when i level up, i don’t get surprised by “omg so many lessons”. sit down, check how many radicals and kanji the next level has beforehand.
in the mid-20s, that would be 5-6 radicals and 30-35 kanji, vocab numbers vary a lot.
what you need ASAP is the radicals. you have time to learn the kanji till the radicals guru. vocab can be spread out over the week.
there’s no reason to have huge review batches or endless, overpovering lessons. the brain can hold around 7 items in memory for 2 hours, which works nicely for radicals and doesn’t strain you. can do those anytime anywhere, too.

You’re super amazing! :two_hearts: congratulations and your speed is impressive too! :blush: good luck on your journey reading your first novel now~