Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

March 27 2021

Level: 12

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

March 28 2021

I know im late, but I wanted to write something now that I’ve managed to complete ten levels of WaniKani!

Not only am I proud, but I’m also suprised at the fact that I was able to get this far. See, I thought I’d be terrible at learning an ideographic writing system.

When I mention this a single moment comes to my mind, in a conversation nearly a year ago with some friends. One of them had mistaken Hangeul as an ideographic writing system, and I told them “there’s no way I’d ever be able to learn all of those, it’d drive me insane!” (or something along the lines).

But here I am, nearly a year later, having learned nearly 400 Kanji, their meanings, their readings, and the vocabulary associated with them. And let me tell you, I feel satisfied. I’m glad I was able to prove myself wrong, and I hope I can keep going until level 60!

Though I’ve been even more busy than usual, so I can’t study much anymore, I’ve kept doing WaniKani consistently, and I do think this log has help motivate me a lot.

So, what do I plan to do? Of course, I’ll keep doing WaniKani, and when I become less busy, I hope to be able to learn more grammar and do KaniWani consistently, as well as practice more, and just studying in general.

And a thank you to the forum, all of you are wonderful and extremely helpful, and you’ve taught me a lot. I hope I’ll get to know more of you!

Lessons + Reviews:

I’m slowly getting to the lessons, I used to have 150 after I leveled up.

Level Progress:

March 31 2021

The reason I’ve missed the passed few days is sleep deprivation… Because of that, I might be changing my daily post time to the mornings and not the nights.

I did a lot of the Kanji lessons pretty late for this level, so I hope it doesn’t hold me back too long, I’m expecting to get the level done in 10-11 days.

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

April 1 2021

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

April 3 2021

I’ll probably level up tommorow.

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

April 4 2021

Level: 13

Leveled up!! :tada:

I have so many lessons, I think I’ll do 20 a day, especially because I want to finish this level faster than the last (I took nearly 11 days on level 12).

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

April 6 2021

Fun fact: I actually made this log to write a lot more than I do on it now, but I’m too busy to. I hope I’ll be able to make it what I wanted it to be when I get less busy, but that’s what I said in… what, October? and here we are. I think I’m gonna have to sort out a lot of things before being able to dedicate more time to learning Japanese. A lot of big things are happening right now, and I need to face them because I don’t have the shield of “I still have time, it’s still far away” to hide behind anymore.

When I get the time though, I really want to start doing KaniWani consistently, and learn more grammar because my grammar is pretty bad. I’ll probably look for some Japanese grammar textbooks in Korean when I get to it, but for now I’ll just stick with Tae Kim’s guide.

Though, I fear I’ll become one of those people who ends up learning 2,000 Kanji and a lot of vocab but knows nothing about grammar. (Hopefully it won’t happen, and I get along ok right now thanks to the fact that I’m Korean, similar grammar.)

Lessons + Reviews:

Scared I’m not doing enough lessons and that I’ll be hit with even more than last time, I hope I’ll get to 0 / 0 sometime this level (or the next).

Level Progress:

1 Like

April 13 2021

Update: I’m not dead, just busy and I’ve been thinking a lot. I’ll probably take maybe 3 - 4 more days on this level, but I’m not sure what I’ll do with the next. I want to go back to my normal speed, but I’m not sure if it’ll be possible.

I just got a lot more busy, though I am starting to clear some things up, which is nice, and I hope I can keep it up. I keep slacking on reviews and I end up with 100+ review piles, but I’m getting through them and it’s not overwhelming (yet).

Also, this was originally supposed to be a daily log, but I’ve been thinking about it more. I might start posting every few days from now on, especially since I just got busier. Permanently though? I’m not sure…

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

April 22 2021

I’ll probably take maybe 3 - 4 more days on this level,

Famous last words…

Yup! @_Rinse has returned! For good? I’d hope so… getting to the end of my pile of 300 reviews was honestly really satisfying. It’s nearly 3 am…

So, where am I now? I just wanted go over the current state of things.

The main reason I’ve been slacking on WaniKani is that I let my reviews pile up once, and then I got too overwhelmed and just stopped doing reviews. Not to mention that I’ve been insanely busy.

The good news is that I finally finished most of the stuff I’ve been working on, so I have more time now! It’s not what I want, but it’s much more than I used to have.

I’m not sure if I can promise myself that I’ll return fully, but I’m going to put my best effort. I have 140 lessons right now, so I’ll probably go through them at maybe 5 - 20 lessons a day.

I’m going to finish this level at my own pace, seeing as my original goal of 8 - 10 days is long behind me… I’ve spent 18 days on this level!! I am almost done with this level though, so if I’m able to keep up with my reviews, I think I’d level up in 1 - 3 days. Though, I can’t be sure.

Anyway, I’ll stop rambling / welcoming myself back now, here’s the progress screenshots, as usual.

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

April 23 2021

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

April 24 2021

It’s been… a rough weekend to say the least. Glad I’ve been able to keep up with reviews.

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

April 25 2021

Lessons + Reviews:

Level Progress:

Haven’t seen you around for quite some time now…

Anyways, Happy Cakeday @_Rinse !!! :cake:

1 Like

Ah, thanks! I’ve just been busy, and I kinda just gave up. I’ll probably get back to WaniKani eventually…

1 Like

Please do, we’re having a race to the cake remember? :smiley:

Though it looks like you’re going to win…

1 Like