Rewards for learning

I was largely being sarcastic again.

^^;

One day, your sarcasm-detection meter will level up.

@Vanilla - Thank you for that, actually. I appreciate it. : D

2 Likes

okay that time you were definitely not being sarcastic. ā€œI think itā€™s pretty hilarious if you are, actually.ā€ which implies you actually thought I was calling you a dick. You canā€™t pull the sarcasm card each time.

Whoever told you the internet was safe?

As soon as we got it (in 1997) my parents told me not to give out my real name, etc, because there are ā€œweirdosā€ on the internet. Iā€™m one of those weirdos nowā€¦ Well, not the same kind they were thinking about, but Iā€™m still pretty freakinā€™ weird. And proud of it. : D

That time I was being sarcastic. And not your version of ā€œsarcasmā€

No, it was sarcastically hurt, and thenā€¦ Finding it humourous if you actually felt that way about me (and surprised). Please donā€™t put feelings in my mouth, especially after Iā€™ve told you how I feel.

(Iā€™m actually being serious here. Honestly one of my biggest pet peeves is others telling me how I feel/what Iā€™m thinking.)

I feel it came off 50-50. B+ for effort.

@Vanilla, what would your official ruling be? Where do we currently stand?

No. You arenā€™t being serious, actually. As a high level intellect like myself, I can understand you perfectly just by looking at your anime avatar.

1 Like

Iā€™m not telling you how you feel. Iā€™m telling you that you were not using sarcasm. One of my biggest pet peeves is people being incorrect and holding it over my head as some sort of badge of honor

The official ruling is something like this:

3 Likes

See, youā€™re still purposefully trying to piss me off. But when youā€™re the victim everyone should feel bad.

Guys have you heard of smilies and emoticons, you usually help with transmitting your emotions, this is pretty useful if your message is not clear enough on that part. :joy:

1 Like

Thereā€™s sarcasm!

(Or, if it isnā€™t, wouldā€™ve been a perfect snarky comebackā€¦)

Anyway, if you are a new person, nice to meet you. Someone else seemed to think you were another incarnation of Zoraya, whom I remember having interesting conversations with in the past.

Reading through the thread, I agree with the shirt idea. Something subtle would be really cool besides the stereotypical white t-shirts that they hand out everywhere else. I truly take pride in my learning even though I've just begun, but in the span of half a week I've mastered hiragana and I'm well underway here. To go from struggling to even find where to begin to where I am now in less than a week brings me so much joy and self-confidence that it's hard to articulate properly. Personally, my family and friends don't really care what I'm learning and it's hard to find an opportunity to show my growth and the fruits of my labor. Something as simple as a shirt would be such an exciting prospect to look forward to. Furthermore, if the shirt thing were to happen, I advise against putting anything about levels on the shirts, even if they are given out only when users reach a certain level. I feel like a black shirt with white letters for level 20 is cool, a red shirt with gold letters for 40, and then perhaps something creative for 60. It would be cool to have a whole paragraph of kanji on the back of the left half of the shirt and on the right it's translated into English (in a subdued, non-obnoxious font) saying something along the lines of 'I've studied hard and worked years and now I can both read and write everything you see on your left.' Perhaps someone can come up with something better if that's not to everyone's liking, just throwing stuff out there. I feel like there's a lot of potential and everyone here would take great pride in being able to show off their work.
2 Likes

ā€œothers telling me how I feelā€ how dare you assume I would do that. You donā€™t know me. You donā€™t know that Iā€™m actually a very nice guy and treat people like individuals.

I was though. I guess too many sarcastic comments in a row make me the boy who cried sarcasm.

Oh. Iā€™m sorry I did that to you.

No, Iā€™m neither trying to piss you off not make anyone feel bad.

ā€¦

As I said beforeā€¦ You donā€™t get me at all. *shrugs with a sigh*

Why would you format your message like this, i am on phone and I had to scroll so much just to read it. :smiley:

I use some of them. I thought I was.

: /

1 Like