Reviews on Safari

When completing reviews on Safari, selecting the field to answer triggers the ‘Autofill Contact’ prompt. While not a huge issue, it’s just kind of weird to have my full name staring at me while learning :rofl:. Is there any way to fix this myself or is it all on the site side? It only seems to happen on reviews, didn’t see it on my lessons.

6 Likes

Hey there gladial! We’ve had this come up a few times and I think the solution is to turn off the autofill contact function on your phone.

-Nick at WK

Disabling this entire feature because of one site misbehaving sounds quite extensive to me.

According to StackExchange, it’s possible to turn suggestions off for one website only: macos - Disable Safari autofill for one website - Ask Different.

Another thing WaniKani team could try would be adding autocomplete=off to the input in question. Safari ignores it for certain often-used field names, but this shouldn’t be such a case.

Edit: yep, that’s already there.

5 Likes

Hey eagleflo! Thanks for bringing this up. I believe autocomplete=off is currently how the input functions since we don’t want a phone’s autocomplete feature to offer potential answers to English meanings, or Japanese readings for that matter.

I can bring this up to the Dev team again to see if there is another solution. @gladial, would you mind reaching out to hello@wanikani.com and copy/paste this forum post? Could you also include your browser and OS info (and version)?

-Nick at WK

Sure, thanks for such a quick response!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.