Review count analysis

rade134 said... Just because I really liked this, I'll post the version with my changes:

Includes Total Percentage you got right.
Only have to enter your api key once, then you never see that again, after you refresh.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/12020-wanikani-review-count-analysis
Ah, yeah. Saving the API key to jStorge is a good idea. Nice. (I'm going to add that too :)

RayderBlitz said... I have been wondering how many reviews I will and/or have accumulated at certain points and overall.

I'll give it a try, thanks for sharing this!

Edit:
For some reason I had to install it twice for it to work, though the code seemingly was the same..

And now that I took a look at it, I can say that it's another really near addon to the site.
Also, on a sidenote: I finally got a confirmation concerning my feeling that Lvl 5 "was one of the hardest", overall it seems that I by far have the most reviews there.
 Thanks for trying it.

I am going to add a couple more display options (and the save API key thing) I'll move it to a different place on the dashboard, maybe right down the bottom so it doesn't interfere with other scripts.
hoovard said... maybe right down the bottom so it doesn't interfere with other scripts.
 Tbh I actually like the current positioning, if anything I'd move it upwards.
Since the script doesn't automatically show all the data when loading the dashboard it doesn't really take up a lot of space and after taking a look at the table you can just clear it again, so personally I'd rather have it higher up than further down.

If you still want to move it to the bottom anyway, may I get you interested in some (for lazybones like myself easy/convenient) way for the user to decide the positioning?

Edit:
One thing I noticed is that when you reload the data of the table without refreshing the page (the clear button doesn't reset the counter either) the "total reviews" counter just keeps adding the "total reviews" count to the specific counter instead of resetting to 0 first and then adding to it...
Well, either that or within 5 minutes I did about 75k reviews. c(°_:_°)つ
RayderBlitz said...
hoovard said... maybe right down the bottom so it doesn't interfere with other scripts.
 Tbh I actually like the current positioning, if anything I'd move it upwards.
Since the script doesn't automatically show all the data when loading the dashboard it doesn't really take up a lot of space and after taking a look at the table you can just clear it again, so personally I'd rather have it higher up than further down.

If you still want to move it to the bottom anyway, may I get you interested in some (for lazybones like myself easy/convenient) way for the user to decide the positioning?
 Ah, sure. Yes up the top is fine.

Interesting idea to be able to choose the position of it. I'll see if I can do that.
RayderBlitz said...
Edit:
One thing I noticed is that when you reload the data of the table without refreshing the page (the clear button doesn't reset the counter either) the "total reviews" counter just keeps adding the "total reviews" count to the specific counter instead of resetting to 0 first and then adding to it...
Well, either that or within 5 minutes I did about 75k reviews. c(°_:_°)つ
 Ah, good spot. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it

Just posted a new version with some fixes, additions, and a better way to put your API key in. Details in the main post.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/12018-wanikani-review-count-analysis

wow…

can’t believe how high my acc is lol

awesome script

wow, this is awesome. thank you pretty much :slight_smile:
TOTAL REVIEWS: 6511 Accuracy: 94.870%

freakymrq said... wow...

can't believe how high my acc is lol

awesome script
 Glad you like it :) Thanks for using it

Although you made me doubt it's accuracy (I was suspicious of my own percentage as I seem to spend most of my reviews getting stuff wrong)

I checked on a "Grade Calculator" site (http://www.mathwarehouse.com/teacher-tools/test-grade-calculator.php) and it seems to be ok - so yay us!

Quppi said... wow, this is awesome. thank you pretty much :)
TOTAL REVIEWS: 6511 Accuracy: 94.870%

You're welcome, thanks for using it.

this is hella awesome bro, thanks for making it! :smiley:

ShotgunLagoon said... this is hella awesome bro, thanks for making it! :D

You're welcome Shotgun, thanks for using it.

What's your total? :)

Nice extension!

and woah, just past 42000 :smiley:
TOTAL REVIEWS: 42672 Accuracy: 98.603%

hoovard said...
ShotgunLagoon said... this is hella awesome bro, thanks for making it! :D

You're welcome Shotgun, thanks for using it.

What's your total? :)
 TOTAL REVIEWS: 118985 Accuracy: 92.116%

way better accuracy than i expected, im pleased.

quick question though, what about people who reset levels?
tomboy said... Nice extension!

and woah, just past 42000 :D
TOTAL REVIEWS: 42672 Accuracy: 98.603%

Whoa at your scary accuracy too. Thanks for using it :)

ShotgunLagoon said..  TOTAL REVIEWS: 118985 Accuracy: 92.116%

way better accuracy than i expected, im pleased.

quick question though, what about people who reset levels?
 Well, now then. That's an interesting question.

It depends whether a reset puts the meaning_correct, meaning_incorrect, reading_correct, and reading_incorrect properties back to zero.

Also there are different types of reset I guess. There are the folk that go back to an earlier level, and then like Breadstickninja who stayed at level 50 but had all his kanji reset to apprentice. I don't know what that did to his answers.

I guess that level resets also reset the answer tracking properties, but the breadstick type doesn't... but that's a guess.

I’m listed as having slightly fewer reviews than freakymrq, who’s six levels my junior. Maybe that’s an indication that my kanji reset also reset those review counts?

(Also, whether or not 260,000 reviews is all of them or just most of them… That’s a lot of reviews.)

Wait a second… That really is a LOT of reviews. There are about 8,000 items on WK, which would mean on average I’ve done about 32 reviews per item. But it only takes 8 reviews to burn an item if you get them all correct. And I’m listed as having 90% accuracy… but I’d be having to screw up a lot in order to review items on average 32 times each. Something about this seems off to me.

Or another way to think about it, that would be an average of 306 reviews per day since I joined the site. Now, it’s gotten up to there more than a couple times, but 300/day is happily an exception rather than a rule.

BreadstickNinja said... I'm listed as having slightly fewer reviews than freakymrq, who's six levels my junior. Maybe that's an indication that my kanji reset also reset those review counts?

(Also, whether or not 260,000 reviews is all of them or just most of them... That's a lot of reviews.)
 Ah, yes, that sounds likely then. There is chunk of information in what the API returns called "user_specific" which contains those answer tallies, and stuff like an item's SRS level. Sounds like maybe that whole section gets emptied. Except maybe the "available_date".

Did you have to do the lesson for each of your reset items again? Or did they just all appear in your review queue right away?

as far as i know, reading and meaning are counted seperately. So it would be 16.000 items on wk. But this would still mean 16 reviews per items, which is still strange

BreadstickNinja said... I'm listed as having slightly fewer reviews than freakymrq, who's six levels my junior. Maybe that's an indication that my kanji reset also reset those review counts?

(Also, whether or not 260,000 reviews is all of them or just most of them... That's a lot of reviews.)

Wait a second... That really is a LOT of reviews. There are about 8,000 items on WK, which would mean on average I've done about 32 reviews per item. But it only takes 8 reviews to burn an item if you get them all correct. And I'm listed as having 90% accuracy... but I'd be having to screw up a lot in order to review items on average 32 times each. Something about this seems off to me.

Or another way to think about it, that would be an average of 306 reviews per day since I joined the site. Now, it's gotten up to there more than a couple times, but 300/day is happily an exception rather than a rule.
 you're right, that is suspiciously high...

it’s 16 reviews you need answer correctly to burn a kanji or vocabulary, 8 reading and 8 meaning.
If you make 1 mistake it’s 16 + 1 (the mistake) + 6 (the 2 levels and the review you made the mistake on)

For example: you get it all right up to enlightened and then screw up the burn review. You have done 14, + 1 mistake when trying to burn and +2 correct ones to finish that review, but it still gets reset to guru. You then need to do a review to get it to master (+2), one to enlightened (+2) and another one to burn it (+2). So you had 1 mistake and already did 23 reviews on it instead of 16.

Every mistake adds at least 7 reviews (if the item isn’t in the first 2 apprentice levels)

Btw: technically we do another 2 (or more) reviews for every item during the lesson.

Edit: and this means it’s more like 150 reviews a day in WK county style

BreadstickNinja said...
Wait a second... That really is a LOT of reviews. There are about 8,000 items on WK, which would mean on average I've done about 32 reviews per item. But it only takes 8 reviews to burn an item if you get them all correct. And I'm listed as having 90% accuracy... but I'd be having to screw up a lot in order to review items on average 32 times each. Something about this seems off to me.

Or another way to think about it, that would be an average of 306 reviews per day since I joined the site. Now, it's gotten up to there more than a couple times, but 300/day is happily an exception rather than a rule.
 Hmm, maybe that does sound a bit fishy

ShotgunLagoon said...
BreadstickNinja said... ...
 you're right, that is suspiciously high...
 Yeah, you're right

Even with the "Count meaning/reading as one review" checkbox It could bit strange

Seems like there might be a hole in this, I'll look into it.
Naryoril said... it's 16 reviews you need answer correctly to burn a kanji or vocabulary, 8 reading and 8 meaning.
If you make 1 mistake it's 16 + 1 (the mistake) + 6 (the 2 levels and the review you made the mistake on)

For example: you get it all right up to enlightened and then screw up the burn review. You have done 14, + 1 mistake when trying to burn and +2 correct ones to finish that review, but it still gets reset to guru. You then need to do a review to get it to master (+2), one to enlightened (+2) and another one to burn it (+2). So you had 1 mistake and already did 23 reviews on it instead of 16.

Every mistake adds at least 7 reviews (if the item isn't in the first 2 apprentice levels)

Btw: technically we do another 2 (or more) reviews for every item during the lesson.

Edit: and this means it's more like 150 reviews a day in WK county style
 That's a good point too, thanks for the input

I'm going to go back to the python and make sure that I am not using numbers more than once or something stupid like that