Restarting from Level 60

I made my WaniKani account 6 years ago. 4 years ago, I hit level 60. Today, I’m restarting.

Long story short, life got in the way I didn’t really do much in the time since I hit level 60. Now that things are looking better, I’m thinking it time to make the journey back to 60 again. Hopefully, it’ll be easier this time around.

It’s good to be back. Wish me luck :slight_smile:

41 Likes

I’m thinking there should be a Leebo Durtle awarded to every Level 60er who chooses to take the plunge back into the primordial ooze!

Welcome back and all the best!

21 Likes

Great idea! Pinging @Mods

Good luck! Should be interesting to see how many things you still remember.

10 Likes

May the 一本気 be with you.

6 Likes

I chose to restart today also. I took a year off of Wanikani to just live in Japan and learn organically, but here we are.

Cheers to redoing it all again!

10 Likes

good luck!

All the best to you Druciakb and @Miimers!

:nerd_face::steam_locomotive::upside_down_face:
keep chugging along with your lessons and reviews!

5 Likes

Welcome to the club!

2 Likes

Be comforted by the fact that all those native Japanese speakers also didn’t just learn kanji organically… They went through 12 years of schooling to learn all the ones you learn on WK.

7 Likes

Good luck! I wish you an easier trip back up through the levels - but not too easy (otherwise what are you doing it for?)

2 Likes

Good luck!!! I’m curious though, why are you restarting? Surely you’d revise your kanji better if you just did some reading. Is there anything that Wanikani can provide that reading cannot to a level 60?

And what does LeeboDurtle look like? Do we need to summon @ekg to design one? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Like a turtle/husky mutant, no?

2 Likes

A Leebo-durtle…I see! Let me sleep on that one and I’ll se what I can come up with! :grin:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.