Resources for essential phrases

So I’m going on a trip to Japan in a few months and while we’ll be fine due to my mother being native, I’d still like to learn key phrases that might be useful on the trip to Japan.

And of course I already know things like thank you, sorry, etc and conversational pretty well I’d still like to know if there are other resources I could use that would be especially useful like MosaLingua but for Jp.

I know that Japaneseclass101 has lessons on survival phrases, but I’m not sure if they’re free.

そうですか。

Always say ORE when talking to someone you don’t know.

I can’t believe i’m going to be helpful here… but since it’s you Haru…

http://www.tofugu.com/2010/10/01/the-100-most-important-japanese-words/

But since you kind of know stuff already, what kind of stuff are you looking for? I’m far too lazy to google the thing you mentioned. 

Unrelated to the topic:

HAPPY LEVEL 25 MAHUM!! (≧∇≦)

Renbowsophie said... Unrelated to the topic:

HAPPY LEVEL 25 MAHUM!! (≧∇≦)
 (///▽///)

I'm surprised you noticed, unless you saw it on that forum where I posted about it. I talked to someone for 6 months and could never remember what level he was on. xD 

オッパイを指で触りますか?

I noticed just now when I opened this thread! I can (sort of) remember a few levels. Not a lot, and it’s mostly users I pay attention to be it for their posts or their avatar. Plus, a lot of times I second guess myself since I’m not sure whether they did just level up or not–but this time I was sure you just turned 25. 

I’m trying to get better at noticing level ups as time goes by. (^ω^)

Syphus said... オッパイを指で触りますか?
 The only important phrase really. 

Renbowsophie said... I noticed just now when I opened this thread! I can (sort of) remember a few levels. Not a lot, and it's mostly users I pay attention to be it for their posts or their avatar. Plus, a lot of times I second guess myself since I'm not sure whether they did just level up or not--but this time I was sure you just turned 25. 

I'm trying to get better at noticing level ups as time goes by. (^ω^)
 :DDDD Thanksssss ^_^ 

I had a Japanese point and speak book that was nice to look at (for fun) as well as containing useful phrases, greeting, descriptions and some places of interest and words for these for different prefectures. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Japan-Original-Point-Speak-Book/dp/4795818436
I’ll be honest, I bought it mainly for the cute illustrations and didn’t need to use it.

Syphus said... オッパイを指で触りますか?
Yes, this phrase was in the book I just linked. Really useful for getting a seat on the train.

felipe-san said... Always say ORE when talking to someone you don't know.
 Ore-sama seems more polite because it's honorific.