Reset after 1415 days on level 24; Reached it again after 165 days

Hey,

After a very long break (over 3 years), I came back to study kanji once again.
Last time (half a year in 2016, + a short amount of time in 2017 where I tried (and failed) to start again after a 6 months break and bought lifetime) I managed to reach level 24.

I just tried some reviews but I forgot too much. Even looking at my burned items, I can’t remember a significant amount of them. So, I decided to reset my account.

Let’s see if I can reach level 60 this time. Wish me luck :wink:
Jannis

39 Likes

:fist:

3 Likes

\textcolor{red}{\huge \textsf{GOOD LUCK! <3}}

5 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

I did something very similar 6 months ago. I reset 5 levels at a time from 25 to see how bad it was, and finally decided to start from lv10. Bold of you to start clean. Develop good habits early and it will carry you all the way through!

Good luck!

9 Likes

Man that is a lot of level 20s…

6 Likes

@Jannis You can do this! (From a fellow multi-year break taker)

@reahz I thought my break of 1733 days was long!

4 Likes

Good luck!

4 Likes

Ganbatte Jannis san

You will do it this time. Or not, keep trying :slight_smile:

May I ask you an OT question: from which anime is that gif from? That looks interesting! :slight_smile:

It’s Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks. Very good (in my opinion) anime and a good series. I would start with Fate Zero first though. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, the animation is incredible. Ufotable in general have quality animations in their shows.

2 Likes

It is as @nodoet San said “Fate” series. I agree with everything nodoet San said with one exception. If you decide to watch, follow the actual release order rather than the chronological timeline. I understand it is a personal preference of the viewer, personally I think the release order is the best way to obtain maximum suspense and thrill.:slightly_smiling_face:

Most folks know ufotable because of “Demon Slayer”/ “Kimetsu no Yaiba”. But before there was KnY there was the FATE series :metal: You won’t be disappointed.

2 Likes

Thanks everybody :slight_smile:
Really did not expect that many replies and likes.
For now it is going good :wink:

@reahz
I thought if I start over anyways, then I can also start from scratch again.
Quite some things were also changed (example sentences, mnemonics, ordering etc.), if I read it correctly. And sure, I remember most of the low level kanji, however most of the radicals are gone and knowing them will make it easier if they appear again in higher level kanji.
I wish you look in your journey!

4 Likes

I would definitely NOT start with Fate Zero @slkrebs, since it spoils something big about Heavens Feel. If you are willing to read the visual novels, I would go in release order. That is to say, first Fate/Stay Night (which will have 3 enforced party order routes), then Fate Zero.

If you go with the assume, you have to know that Studio Dean did the anime first route of Fate and its bad. However, there isn’t huge loss at starting at Unlimited Bladeworks, which is the second route anime. Then Heavens Feel is the third route, which has an the anime movies out I believe. Then Zero is safe after that

1 Like

You can ask Wanikani to reteach you the radicals/kanji which have been changed. (At least I think you can)

Thank you both for letting me know, I appreciate it very much. I’ve read Kimetsu no Yaiba a while back and too, have come across the Fate anime, albeit only with a cursory glance. I think I’ve got to go back in this case and check it out again. Actual release would be my bet of how to get into it, too, as this way I get a similar experience as original viewers did. Again, thank you both :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Fall down seven times, stand up eight”.

七転び八起き!

3 Likes

95% of us are on our second or third try, I imagine…

3 Likes