[request] not show meaning card

There are many cards, especially kanji, that I would rather not have to type in the English for once I have a vague idea what it means and what kinds of contexts it shows up in. I don’t know if anyone else feels this way, buy here’s how I imagine the userscript to be like:

-each card has a “hide meaning card” button during reviews. When it is pressed the card is added to a special list or tagged or something.
-during reviews, any card with “hide meaning” has its meaning card auto-completed, preferably without ever being seen. The reading card is shown as usual.

I don’t think I’m ready to write the userscipt myself, but if the community likes this idea I would love to see it made. I just don’t know how the implementation could work.

Thoughts? Maybe the idea is counter-productive, it’s just that typing an english word feels a bit distracting for me when I’m confident in my comprehension of a word.

What do you mean by ‘distracting’? Like, the meaning card forces you to translate it into English and hinders thinking about the word just in Japanese?

ummjhall, that’s exactly what I mean. 
Another note, picture answers with anki-style self evaluation seems to be optimal for meaning cards, but I don’t know how well that would work in WK. If only it could look in my head and see if I’m thinking the right thought…

One more step toward a script that just does WK for you. We’ll all be level 60 in no time. All this kanji studying has been distracting me from watching youtube.

I mean, I guess you could just add a fake ‘user definition’ for each one you don’t want to see anymore? Just the letter “a”, perhaps?

This makes perfect sense to me. This happens fairly often for words that I picked up from experience rather than by studying. There are also those frustrating words that don’t translate well into English, like 微妙, where the English definition only makes me more confused and unsure of myself.

I think the fake user definition idea works well for this too, especially if you only do it with the types of words that you mentioned. That way you still have to think about what the word means to you when the English meaning screen pops up, but you don’t have to get distracted by thinking about it in English.

whatdidshedraw said... This makes perfect sense to me. This happens fairly often for words that I picked up from experience rather than by studying. There are also those frustrating words that don't translate well into English, like 微妙, where the English definition only makes me more confused and unsure of myself.               
 I don't really see how the English definition for 微妙 is confusing, except that it's a word that has several definitions and as such they can't cover all the meanings with one definition term.