[REQEUEST] Timers counting down towards level up

We all know that the fastest time to level up is, on a regular level, 6 days 20 hours. I am always comparing my progress with that standard to see how fast I’m going, and to see how many hours I am behind at a given time during the level. Since it’s kind of a bother going to iDigTech to do it I thought it would be nice to have a script for it. Now I could probably do it myself by looking at other scripts, but I know neither JS nor CSS so it would take a very long time to get it right. Which is why I turned here, in hope that someone here thinks it’s a good enough idea to validate writing it. 

Here are a few more concrete thoughts
Using the API you fetch the time the user has unlocked each level’s radicals
Then you take the latest level’s unlock date and add 6 days 20 hours for one timer
And calculate the average level up time for a second timer
As well as take user input on a goal time for a third timer
These three times are made to count down towards when they expect you to level up. A box with the timers is placed on the dashboard for visibility. 

I think it would be fun and encouraging to have those timers there; either because you want to challenge yourself or because you’re just curious as to how you’re doing. 

I don’t know about a script for browsers, but if you have an iOS device, the Allicrab app does almost all of what you mentioned. It shows your current level time, average level time, and based on that average, it shows how much time you have left until level up. Though ever since WK changed the time required to level up from 7d20h to 6d20h, the estimated time left hasn’t been as useful since it’s calculating based on the higher average. 

I know it’s not exactly what you’re looking for, but if that sounds good enough, you could use it in the meantime until there’s a browser script. Good luck!

Adrian0121 said... I don't know about a script for browsers, but if you have an iOS device, the Allicrab app does almost all of what you mentioned. It shows your current level time, average level time, and based on that average, it shows how much time you have left until level up. Though ever since WK changed the time required to level up from 7d20h to 6d20h, the estimated time left hasn't been as useful since it's calculating based on the higher average. 

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but if that sounds good enough, you could use it in the meantime until there's a browser script. Good luck!
 Kind of wish I had an iOS device now, haha. I don't, though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aww I’m sorry. Well hopefully someone wants to make a script! Lol

Couldn’t you just go to https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/#progress and subtract [time on level] from [average level up time] ?
Or maybe I am missing something here.

Pydron said... Couldn't you just go to https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/#progress and subtract [time on level] from [average level up time] ?
Or maybe I am missing something here.
 Well it's not like OP didn't know this already...

Kumirei said...Since it's kind of a bother going to iDigTech to do it I thought it would be nice to have a script for it.