Repeating Lessons

I just encountered an interesting bug where I had to redo a round of lessons that I’d previously completed. I believe my steps were:

1. Go through 5 vocab lessons and complete the quiz (this is round 1 of vocab)
  2. Click “continue” to do more lessons (now on to round 2 vocab)
  3. Begin the first lesson of round 2 vocab
  4. Click on one of the kanji on the first lesson to open it in a new tab
  5. Go to that tab and read about the kanji. Then close that tab
  6. Go to my work chat and email since I had that open too
  7. Go back to my vocab lessons after ~5 minutes

When I returned to my lessons, I was suddenly on the lessons screen with my round 1 vocab again, when it should’ve been round 2. I had to redo the lessons for all the round 1 vocab, even though I’d previously completed the quiz for it. The words appeared in the exact same order as when I’d first done those lessons. After I completed those and clicked “continue” again to do more vocab, the vocab from round 2 appeared (and again in the exact same order).

I didn’t have another lesson or review session open during this, just one other WK tab where I was reading about the kanji 辞. I’m in the latest version of Firefox and currently have installed Reorder Ultimate 2, Self-Study Quiz, and WK Open Framework Additional Filters.

Has anyone else encountered this?

When this happens to me, I just exit the lessons and restart them, and the already finished lessons do not reappear.
I don’t think that this ever happened to me before installing the reorder script, so this might be the culprit? But since a lesson restart fixes it, I don’t really see it as a problem.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, speaking of repeating things yesterday I had some review terms repeating right after eachother.

Usually if a term repeats in review it’s because you got it incorrect the first time and it repeats itself a couple of cards later but yesterday I was doing a review and I would get a term correct, it would go to the next card and display that for a couple of milliseconds and then switch back to the card that I just did and ask for either the meaning or the reading again. This was on Google Chrome and I have no idea why it happened. The only thing that I can attribute to the error was maybe because I did several WK tabs open at the same time even tho I was reviewing on only one and I was also doing KameSama for the first time that day and had it open in a different tab (however I highly doubt this was the source of the problem).

This also started happening to me in Google Chrome after I installed the reorder script, so I agree with Sinyaven that the reorder script is the likely culprit.

1 Like

Interesting to hear. I’ve used the reorder script nearly my entire time here (a couple years) but never experienced this issue before. I’ll keep it in mind.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.