(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

I don’t know what you are referring to. So that probably means no. :laughing:

Are you referring to CSS? If so, I’m just an amateur hobbyist at best. Major holes in my knowledge. :grin:

Hey! I resemble that remark!

So mean. All you do is laugh at me.

1 Like

judges

3 Likes

DON’T LOOK AT ME.

@hinekidori
Ok, yeah. I’ve managed to reproduce it. Just gotta figure out what’s happening now.

4 Likes

@hinekidori
Okay, I know what the issue is now. It’ll be fixed tonight.

1 Like

I’ve been mightily impressed by your tinkerings.
You’re tinkering at a high level!

6 Likes

Thanks! It has turned into a bit of an obsession. I should probably take some classes or something. More often than not I have no idea what I’m doing, so I’m surprised by my successes.

Then I geek out and show everybody. They just look at me like I’m crazy, or placate me.

10 Likes

Okay, should be good now. You’ll have to delete the word since it’s permanently messed up, but if you remake it it should work. Thanks for testing that out.

1 Like

Perfect! It’s working great now.

Now to load more words. How do we load whole novels? Is that for later or did I miss it?

The only other thing I am missing is audio. I use audio a lot on my own stuff.

The welcome e-mail tells us to contact you@example.com, which probably isn’t right.

I’m just poking at it on my phone, because I like ignoring advice, but it doesn’t look like there’s a way to add multiple words at once. It might not be a problem, and maybe it’s actually implemented, but having, like, a multiselect list or “add the next X words” button seems like a good way to jumpstart the process.

Also, do you expect to have a standard import format for other books? I’m totally going to use this for Kino, but I also just recently started reading OreImo (because it was slightly easier to read the first chapter), so I might be able to contribute that, depending on what data is needed.

I’ve got some premade. Not letting people load their own atm because that’s just a whole nother can of worms. Anything tagged with japanese readings (I have no idea why there’s an s there) will have a list built in. You can also just go to this temp page for now where I’ve listed all the titles available at the moment. I wanna get the aoi tori bunko stuff out asap so I’ll probably be adding 2-3 books at night for a couple days.

Edit: clear your cache if you’re gonna add custom words I made a change to the javascript when I fixed that last error.

2 Likes

I loaded a premade word from one of the books. The reading is looking for a Kanji answer, but the internal IME is not loading. I have to use the native IME so I can select the Kanji to get it to work.

Can you open up the developer console? Control + I. I just wanna see if wanakana is having an error because it’s 100% fine on my end. I believe the file is named wernikerni.js so it should appear in red if something’s up with it.

Is this what you are looking for?

Yeah just click the console tab at the top. It should show if the js is throwing at error at the top

Okay yeah, we are getting a 404 Error.

Hmm… the 404 is for font-awesome (which doesn’t matter). Wernikerni is loading fine. 1) Have you tried just refreshing? 2) Do you have adblock or ublock or something that might interfere with javascript?

Wait yo how did you get that word? Vocabulary list or added yourself? If you added it yourself you mixed up the word and reading fields.

No adblockers and I just refreshed. Is the switch to kanji supposed to be automatic or an additional keystroke?

flo*flo
Thank you for signing up!
Your account is now active.
Login to our site
If you have any problems, please contact us at you@example.com

giggle That’s a pretty cool e-mail address you’ve got there!

2 Likes

I honestly just want to die at this point

Okay gonna fix it. This is exactly why I should’ve waited until midnight to fix the issue. LMAO. I literally just made this bug myself five minutes ago.

8 Likes