Recent "Oh wait I just learned that" victory

I just saw this randomly on Twitter the other day:

…and after just finishing level 10 I realized that almost the ENTIRE 12月発売予定 line was JUST taught to me!! One of the best seeing-the-matrix moments I’ve had since starting WK. Love you wanikani

…also I would love to hear of anyone else’s moments like this, where the kanji you learned two days ago randomly comes up and you’re like “holy crap I can read this now”

16 Likes

It happened to my when I saw お知らせ on an Instagram account I was following. When I was learning it, I figured I was never going to see it in the wild, but there it was just a few days later :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Oh, definitely, お知らせ I see everywhere now as well! It’s super common. I love those moments of “how useful will this possibly be?” where two hours later, reality shows me exactly how useful it is

7 Likes

Last weekend on the bus in Kamakura: 湖畔
:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Just learned 建築家 the day before my Japanese teacher told me his daughter is an architect. The timing was incredible.

7 Likes

And then there is me, who knows all the kanji in the line, but my first pass interpretation was “12 month sales plan” :joy::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I think it’s more liked “planned release for December”

5 Likes

That is, of course, the intended meaning. I just need a lot more reading and grammar practice.

1 Like

On level 20 I learned the Kanji for fly, and I was reading a manga a day or two later that used the fly kanji in it’s first chapter quite a few times. That kanji is now definitely one of the ones I won’t forget lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.