Reading Vol. 15・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

The Google Japanese Input has 顔文字 as a tab alongside with regular 絵文字!

☆ ~('▽^人)

3 Likes

On an iPhone/iPad when you enable the Japanese keyboard you get a special key to bring up the 顔文字. It’s the one on the bottom right when you switch to the numbers keyboard. You scroll along the top to pick which one you want, there are lots! (╹◡╹)

7 Likes

You can get to it on the Google Japanese input keyboard as well…It’s a bit awkward but:

6 Likes

On the flick keyboard, the ^-^ button is the bottom left, but only when you’re not typing anything - when you start typing, it turns into the dakuten/small kanji button.

1 Like

So many links to your discord, but all of them timed out :cry:

1 Like

Here you go! :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Time to put these books to use! I’ve only partially read the first one so far. The anime is probably my favourite anime ever, so I’m excited to read the manga. Also keen to join in on the “read aloud” sessions! I’ll try to catch up quickly.

13 Likes

We’re not quite as far as volume ten just yet.

Neither is Yen Press, mind…

How dare volume ten leave Nadeshiko off the spine?

5 Likes

@humantree I would be down to continuing this as an offshoot book club. Who’s with me?

7 Likes

I’m in. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Oh absolutely, but let’s at least make it to the end of volume one first. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Count me in too!

1 Like

:raised_hand:
That’s a definite yes from me!

1 Like

Definitely, 100%! :camping:

1 Like

This calls for poll :caught_durtling:

• :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_man:
0 voters
6 Likes

I’m confused. Is this the poll for whether we should have a poll, or the poll for whether we should continue as an offshoot?

4 Likes

Yes helpful durtle

6 Likes

Can we wait till we’ve finished the first volume? I don’t want to dampen anybody’s spirits (really!), but I think most people have a better idea once they’ve at least read the first volume. I’d also prefer a poll with two options, just because otherwise somebody might accidentally vote and then have no way of “un-voting” :sweat_smile:

I’m very happy to gather votes of interest once we reach the end, but let’s just focus on that for now :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up for me. It’s clear to me that :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_man: was indeed the correct answer now.

7 Likes