Reading Vol. 15・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

It was on the third floor of a building in higashinodamachi, Osaka, near Osaka castle.
Google maps ref book off

I did see other manga there that I thought would be seinen (eg. urara meirocho) so I didn’t think I missed anything although I could be wrong.

1 Like

Well, google has a ton of negative reviews mentioning that they have a very poor selection, so you probably didn’t miss anything. :sweat_smile: Book offs were not all created equal.
I personally have 3 book offs I usually go to, to cover as many bases as possible. Going to a large one would usually be fine though (but in my case the closest one of that size is probably in akihabara, which is still 20 min away from my place, aka “too far”)

3 Likes

I found my Flying Witch in the one at Kamata, though I mostly only went there because I happened to pass by when I didn’t have much planned.

1 Like

It was just the closest one I could find to where I was on the day. I still bought a lot of manga at 100 yen and my luggage is probably going to be bulging as a result. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You could also check the BookOff website and get stuff sent to your nearest store, especially useful if you’re looking for really niche or old stuff, but probably not needed for ゆるキャン.
Although sadly they don’t tell you which locations they currently have the book at, which would be so awesome…

5 Likes

I checked this out and it’s just the right level for me! Plus I’m a girl who loves camping… :heart_eyes:

I’d really like to join…any chance someone knows where to find a used copy online in the US? Sadly Kinokuniya is closed for now, and I’m in small-town Colorado taking care of my mom. I’d prefer a paper copy so I can make notes. (No printer at my mom’s house).

4 Likes

Hey guys, I’ve been on WK for some time and lurked the forums a bit but never posted… but when I saw Yuru Camp, I couldn’t resist. I love that series and own the first six volumes of the manga, but have hardly read any of it, since without furigana progress is slow and it’s easy to lose motivation. Hoping this book club will help motivate me and give me some structure, as well as introduce me to some awesome people.

Nice meeting you all :smiley:

18 Likes

@ds68 why did you disappeeeaaaar D:

I can only recommend keeping an eye on general sites in hopes - I’ve sold quite a number of my manga on eBay for example, but I imagine the chances of finding one just when you need it are slim.

Otherwise, CDJapan has a “300 yen off” offer going on at the moment, which takes the price down somewhat?

Wooo! :tada: awesome, glad to have you with us :blush:

4 Likes

And you! This manga is bit above my level, but the more people reading along, the easier it becomes for everyone, and your profile pic… is that… by any chance… possibly…

… if it is, then wow, doubly great to see you here!

2 Likes

omg, so true! :star_struck:

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the ideas!

1 Like

What exactly do you mean by “Kinokuniya is closed for now”?

The U.S Kinokuniya site has been “under construction” for many many months. Maybe that’s what they were referring to.

I live in the Bay area (tho currently not there), so normally I would visit the store, but since everything is locked down at the moment, and their online site isn’t up as @seanblue stated, it isn’t an option to get it from there.

1 Like

Oh, I realised Amazon Japan no longer ship to Australia, so I decided to see if I can source a hard copy locally before committing. Hopefully, I’ll be back to join you.

2 Likes

For those who didn’t know yet, ゆるキャン is getting a second season anime in January 2021.

12 Likes

Aaaah! I knew there was a second season coming, but I didn’t know when :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I too knew, but I kinda thought it was sooner…

i was concerned about whether amazon.jp would be able to ship to me in time due to the global pandemic. but my package arrived today w plenty of time to spare! also picked up another couple of goodies, including the Yuru Camp guidebook.

13 Likes

Ooo. There’s a Yuru Camp guidebook? Is this… like, a how-to guide for camping, or just a thing about the anime? Show it off a bit?

3 Likes