Reading Vol. 16・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

I plan to focus more on the intermediate club books and the re-read of 魔法の宅急便 (along with watching some anime), so sadly I won’t be continuing with this one.

5 Likes

These options are too far off for my taste, but your reasoning with regards to other book clubs definitely makes sense. :+1:

2 Likes

Commenting to say OMG YES HYPE! 11 July sounds reasonable enough. I’d rather start a bit sooner still, but then again I am a very impatient sort of person :grimacing:

EDIT: Ha, jinx, I second @Belerith.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed the book thanks but too many other things to do at the moment to join the next volume sorry.

2 Likes

@Belerith @nienque

I did consider including a much sooner option, but the thing is that if there are more eBook readers than physical book readers (which is most likely) they just naturally outnumber them on the voting, and it seems a bit unfair not to give people time to order :confused:

But maybe 6 weeks is way more than necessary in reality for stuff to actually ship…

Well, let’s say that the “not a fan” option is unofficially a vote for the 27th of June and see how we go.

1 Like

Unfortunately CD Japan does not have the second volume in stock right now, and I can’t order that specific book from Amazon either. I’ll have to hope that I’ll get it in time.

2 Likes

Come to the dark side! We have cookies ebooks :joy_cat:

7 Likes

Please vote on the start date!

I don’t want to set the date based on so few people…

1 Like

I went to vote but there wasn’t an ‘I don’t care’ sort of option. Any of the dates are fine with me!

6 Likes

same for me

4 Likes

No problem! Let’s do that then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m really enjoying this manga; it’s so healing, just what I need haha but July is still a bit far off so I’ll still have to see. I do want to join if I’m not swamped with rl stuff then. I’m getting the ebook version anyway so I can decide until then :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I was just looking at ordering some volumes od CDJapan or Amazon but the shipping cost is a bit too high for me a broke student like me. When I start working, I’m definitely going to buy real copies because I just love holding it in my hands while reading, and it would feel very cool if it was in Japanese. See you guys next Saturday <3

4 Likes

Radio Kaikan Akiba reopened recently.

ゆるキャンプグッズ

7 Likes

Okay:

I’m calling 11th July as the start date for volume two

I’ll make a discussion thread for it when we hit the last week of volume one; do note that there will be a ‘bonus’ discussion thread for this volume on the 13th, for the extra bit at the end and for general discussion of the volume / manga as a whole.

16 Likes

:partying_face:

2 Likes

Week 7!

Almost at the end :triumph:

We’re reading the final chapter this week, but there will be another thread next week in the break before フルーツバスケット for people to ask questions about the bonus section at the end and discuss the volume as a whole.

More sweeping vistas this week, hehe

11 Likes

Good morning/evening/middle of the night everyone! This is just a reminder that the live reading of Chapter 5 is taking place today at 2020-06-06T09:20:00Z.

3 Likes

Does the offshoot club usually last an entire series?

I guess, but particularly with one that’s not plot-driven like this we’d probably check in between each volume to see whether people want to keep going as a club. Any particular reason you ask?

2 Likes