Reading Vol. 15・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

We will need the thread for volume 4 as well :slight_smile:
Do we usually have a break week (aka emergency Book Off trip) between volumes? I forget.

5 Likes

I’ll make it this weekend :slight_smile: you had a break between volumes 2 and 3, so I guess that’s a yes :wink:

5 Likes

I bought everything up to volume nine, because Kinokuniya had them, and Kinokuniya’s getting old stuff in quite infrequently of late, so I didn’t want to miss out.

1 Like

I had the occasion to do so as well but somehow thought there was no need… I regret my past choices.

3 Likes

Aye, that’s what I thought when Kinokuniya had volume ten (plus a little bit of “well, let’s not be too optimistic in thinking the club will continue that far”), but it’s no longer there. Or, wasn’t, the last time I checked.

2 Likes

Volume 4 thread is here!

Starting on the 24th of October, to give you that one-week break again.

I basically made the ending page numbers up, so if somebody wants to correct them that would be fab :sweat_smile:

@Naphthalene

(I’ll see if I can regain regular status quickly by reading through a bunch of posts, but otherwise I’ll ask the mods to make it a wiki)

8 Likes

New S2 key visuals!!!

10 Likes

Volume 5…?

3 Likes

We’ve still got the 放課後 mini-strips to go.

3 Likes

Woof, already Vol. 5! I gotta order the next few, cause I def wanna keep this going.

2 Likes

Is there a thread for volume 5 already?
But yes, I guess volume 5 starts on December 12th, right?

2 Likes

Heya!

I’m back after a long time and I have some catching up to do. Right now I’m at the beginning of volume 3 and I also have to finish up 時をかける少女 . Looking forward to joining the discussions again!

4 Likes

Nope, I just wanted to know whether one was wanted! I would guess it will be then, yep.

2 Likes

I’m up for the next volume, too! I just wanted to read whatever chapter I thought we’d been reading this week. :laughing: After some initial confusion I remembered we finished volume 4 last week.

5 Likes

There’s always the continuing adventures of イヌイヌイヌ子さん, if you haven’t read those yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I just created a website to hold word list for manga. I am trying to add a new wordlist everyday, and I just added volume one of Laid Back Camp. Now you can always get to the wordlist, from your phone, next time you try and read through. If anyone has any suggestions for the site, or wordlist they have and want added, please reach out at dwestlund531@gmail.com.

https://www.mangakotoba.com/

1 Like

Just so’s you know, the “kanji” and “hiragana” columns are out of sync, starting at the fourth row, and getting worse and worse the further down you go, though for some reason it’s suddenly right again about a third of the way down the page.

Anyway, the point of using Google Sheets for the vocab list is that anyone can edit it.

1 Like

I should really have followed up on this a bit earlier than the proposed start date, but I get the impression from the participation polls that a number of people are a bit behind while still planning to keep going? I know some people might not particularly be able / wanting to catch up right now anyway, but would some people appreciate a short break?

• I’d like to start this weekend continuing the normal schedule!
  • I’d like to wait until the new year to give me some space to catch up
  • I’d like a more substantial break (say February start)
  • I probably won’t catch up to the club’s pace either way
  • I’m probably dropping this one

0 voters

Just tagging a few who’ve voted in the polls recently (limit of 10 so I’ll miss a few who I think are likely to see it anyway :grin:): @ms12345 @Kappa420 @mintyfresh @catbus @jhol613 @valkow @Belerith @windupbird @DasOcean @DollyDaydream

5 Likes

I haven’t shown up in this thread for a veeeery long time, but I still plan on reading the whole series. Now I have a bit more time than in the last couple of months and I’ve read 5 chapters or so in the last two weeks, but I’m still in chapter 17 :sweat_smile:, so a little break would personally help me.

I’ve voted so in the poll, but I also don’t mind if people who have been following along want to start volume 5 immediately, I plan on catching up anyway :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Where are those available? I couldn’t find them.

I’m going to abstain from this poll, though. :dizzy_face: I don’t have a starting time preference but I’m on board whenever we might continue.
Although the book can give me loads of troubles sometimes, I’ll keep reading it with the club! I might not be very active in the threads however.

1 Like