Reading Vol. 16・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

Yes, of course, you can still join the voice chat haha. I just think that by seeing who’s going to want to read aloud, we can assign and see who wants to be which characte more easily for when the time comes.

Can’t edit the poll anymore :crying_cat_face: but feel free to join in anytime if you want to just listen.

4 Likes

I’m also in the “yes as an audience” camp :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Me too, I’d be (initially at least) terrified of reading in Japanese out loud in front of others, but would love to listen! And then perhaps later take on a small part!

5 Likes

I kinda want to say 村人B’s “逞しい” line, but not enough to pass my fears :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Nah, that’s the way. Start small.

Though, if we’re going the one-reader-one-voice route, you’d have to say both of his lines. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I do want to participate in the read aloud session, but it also depends on the timing.

2 Likes

That’s what the poll is for. After the poll closes, we’ll see which timezone each participant is in and hopefully settle on a time which suits everyone. Of course, there’s going to have to be comprimise on everyone’s side, but I’m sure it’ll be fine.

4 Likes

All of them, I suspect. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even if we’re just talking Australia/Japan, Western Europe, and the US, that’s three time zones pretty much equidistant around the clock. Like so. We’d basically need to pick a time that causes the least inconvenience for the greater number of people, and… honestly, I’m not too sure who’d lose out in that case. Europe, maybe. Depends how many people are reading this from Japan, really. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Please accommodate “the main cast”. The audience folks (like me) will take second stage (priority).

4 Likes

The first frame of page 21 made me nearly fall from chair out of laughter :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe make a poll for people to answer their general time zone. That being said since the half of the chapter is mostly Rin so perhaps its easier to just rotate people reading a page or something like that?

4 Likes

Half of a lot of chapters are mostly Rin.

I’m almost pondering if we want to describe what’s going on in panels, as bonus translation practice. It’s never really come up before, because in the novels we’ve done so far, all the description is in the text.

5 Likes

horror flashbacks of EIKEN prep. Please look at the picture below and describe the scene. “The man is reading a newspaper.” “The girl is walking a dog” “The boys are playing baseball.”

I kid I kid… but yeah those are some rough times as an English tutor.

5 Likes

Good idea. Or rotate reading a panel. I can’t remember the channel now, but I watched some manga reading videos on youtube like that, where people just took it in turns to read a panel, and then discussed / explained the grammar and what-not, and it worked really well.

3 Likes

I almost voted “Yes”, but then I remembered I’m not even reading YuruCamp :camping:

11 Likes

Too late. You’re reading it now. Better get a copy.

15 Likes

Copy secured :+1:

24 Likes

Week 2 is here!

We’re reading to the end of the first chapter this week.

12 Likes

Just finished adding all the vocabulary words and 3rd read through of chapter two and finished the first read through of chapter three. Not so much about being an eager beaver but wanting to not fall behind!!

6 Likes

Did you purposely set the poll to be single-select only? I wonder how much of a convergence we can get that way though…

8 Likes