Reading Vol. 16・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

Why not both?

2 Likes

Started writing the vocab into the table. I’ll probably do one chapter per 2 days. Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

7 Likes

Oh wow the day’s already here

3 Likes

Or neither, because LucidBoi is going to have filled it all in already :grin:

For those who are new to this - I’ll be posting the threads on Friday evenings UK time, as that corresponds roughly to early morning in the far east (date line-wise). So everyone who lives close to the date line can get going on Saturday morning as expected :slight_smile:

Also! If you haven’t already, please consider setting this thread to ‘watching’ (which you can do by clicking the button with a bell icon below the reply area), so that you are notified when I post the discussion threads.

10 Likes

I am ready to go tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for the delivery :grimacing: Will have it some time next week.

And uh, hi guys, I’m back. You remember me?

6 Likes

Coming back to WaniKani after a long break from Japanese in-general!
Was excited to see that the book club is still ongoing. お疲れ!

I really hope I can keep up this time around; I tried to join an earlier during one of the light novels but it was a disaster. My only issue is that I can see any furigana whatsoever, but I bet the vocab sheet we’ll be working on together will act as a crutch! :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Hey, welcome back!

If the vocab sheet is not sufficient and there is anything we can do to support you, just shout out!

3 Likes

Does this one has reading aloud session?

2 Likes

Ooo what’s that? Does everyone get in a Discord server and read or do we record Vocaroos or something? That sounds mega fun!

Welcome back!!

We’ll remember you <3

2 Likes

Some of the previous books have reading session where we get on Discord and take turns reading.

2 Likes

Have we ever done read-aloud sessions with manga?

Maybe we could do a dramatic reading - each person takes a different character. :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

I would totally listen to you all reading like that!

4 Likes

Exactly my thoughts! Sounds like a great project :slight_smile:

Although I wonder how often we‘ll hear „Hey! It’s your turn!“ :joy_cat:

8 Likes

Yuru Camp audio drama, WaniKani edition!

13 Likes

What is the link to the book club discord?

(Link expires in one day)

6 Likes

You know what, to meow with it. I’m in. Just purrchased the book on BookWalker :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

ramen_taberu
curry ramen

6 Likes

そうです。ラーメンが食べます。

probably not a spoiler and in any case it's very tiny, but still, I've started reading and

I didn’t know that pine cones can be used as fire starters, my father usually used birch tree bark for this…

4 Likes