Reading Vol. 15・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

Heh, this also comes out this month:

684pt7

But yeah, no sign of the actual volume 13 on the local Kinokinuya website just yet. Guess I’ll check again in a few days.

5 Likes

And there it is on the website. Now I’ve just gotta wait for the books themselves to show up in-store.

3 Likes

While refreshing the Kinokuniya site for the umpteenth time to see if it’s arrived yet, my eyes happened to land on the “other things by the same author” sidebar.

Turns out Afro also wrote Homura Tamura, my favourite Madoka spinoff manga by a long shot. That explains a lot. And re-reading it now, I can definitely see his style.

Edit @Naphthalene

I say. What could this be?

5 Likes

A plane? A birb? The dictatorship of the proletariat?

Ahem anyway, let’s start on Saturday then.

5 Likes

And the new thread is here!

Edit: ah, and a regular should change the thread title.

1 Like

While we wait for the next volume, have a look at the beginner book club poll!

Oh, I was gonna nominate Slow Loop. Keep getting advertising flyers for it in my Yuru Camp books. :slightly_smiling_face:

So, I checked the Comic Fuz listing for any indication on when volume fourteen will be coming out, and while it’s probably dangerous to attempt any inferences, volume thirteen had six chapters, and the second half of chapter 81 (the sixth chapter since the end of volume thirteen) is going to be released in ten days. So, volume fourteen… soonTM?

Meanwhile, I’ve discovered you can look at albums containing literally
hundreds
of
sakura
photos
taken by Afro, for free. Did he just dump his entire memory card onto the website? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Also, I was a little concerned that being shuffled off to Comic Fuz was a bad sign for Yuru Camp’s continued existence, but it’s listed as the third-most popular comic on the platform, so I guess it’s doing fine.)

3 Likes

Completely random, but I was checking the camping guidebooks at my local bookstore today, and I found one that was ゆるキャン△ based! I wanted to take a picture, but there was a staff stocking the shelves right next to me. (I also couldn’t check inside because it was wrapped in plastic film)

I found it online though:

Apparently it’s related to season 1 of the anime? There’s also one for season 2.

5 Likes

Well, it’s good news / bad news time.

Good news: There’s finally been an announcement, and volume 14 will be released on November 10th.
Bad news: The release of new chapters is going on hiatus until February, so volume 15 is gonna take forever…

5 Likes

So, I was poking around the Real Escape Game website trying to figure out why there was no news about whether or not there’s gonna be a Tokyo Metro Underground Mysteries event this year (still got no idea), when this popped up as an ad:

I am intrigued. I wonder if they’ll ship the game pack to Australia.

I wonder if my Japanese ability is even sufficient to solve puzzles in Japanese.

The website does say it’s not really suitable for hearing-impaired people…

In other news, volume twelve has been released in English. Still waiting for it to show up at the local Kinokuniya, though.

2 Likes

Source

5 Likes

Well that makes me rather happy. Both that we’re getting more anime and that the manga is still popular enough that it gets more anime.

Is that an original illustration, though? Isn’t that just one of the chapter title pages from the Ooigawa trip?

I bought the escape game pack, incidentally. It’s on its way here. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It seems to be a new one, yes - at least I can’t find it in volumes 10 nor 11 where that trip happened.

1 Like

You would expect that escaping from a camp ground would not be that difficult. I wonder what they did :joy:

2 Likes

Well, if you want to try a sample puzzle:

Fe4jV2OVIBYKxXL

Source: Twitter

3 Likes

That took me faaaar too long.Thanks for posting this!

2 Likes

I checked the answer and the discussion on twitter (especially hints) and I still can’t figure it out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Want me to explain it? Or give a more pointed hint? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just explain.

2 Likes