Reading Vol. 15・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

Oh! I’m sorry :eyes::sweat_drops: Is okay to leave it open as an informal poll? We can make a new one closer to the end, a more serious one. Was just thinking it’d be better to gather votes instead of everyone posting the same thing.

4 Likes

No need to apologise, and yes, of course :blush:

4 Likes

Quite. It’s like, if there’s so much excitement here about reading volume two, why’d it take so long for volume one to win a round of voting? :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

You have to see to believe :grin:

6 Likes

Everyone was in ignorance (1). With enough input energy, we managed to overcome the activation energy barrier (3) and now we’re in the energetically favourable state of fandom (2).

The other explanation is that there’s a small but vocal minority.

10 Likes

I’m so glad it did. It’s the sole reason I decided to quit lurking join book club and become a productive member of society.

4 Likes

Can I join the discord too?.. :sweat_smile:
…the link is expired again…

Here you go: Discord

1 Like

Here is a new invite link that doesn’t expire. @Radish8 please add to the OP so people don’t have to keep asking.

7 Likes

Have some quarantine music.

8 Likes

I’m honestly curious as to who did the music for the anime. It was so reminiscent of Aria’s music that I really thought Choro Club would be involved, but I can’t find any evidence that they were.

2 Likes

Oh, I thought the permanent link was removed because we recently had a few party-crashers on the server? And because the forums are public. But as you (being the server admin) don’t know about this measurement, who initiated it, then?

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware that that was in issue. We have permanent invites in other book club threads though, so…

1 Like

I can’t find the post any more that explained the usage of expiring links, sorry :woman_shrugging:
After reading it I thought this was generally established as a reaction to those few peeps spamming the server, a few months ago, that you ultimately blocked. But happy to hear that it’s not! In this case, I’m all for @Radish8 adding the link to the OP (because I think it’s great when everybody can access the server whenever they like, without needing to ask).

2 Likes

I only remember one person spamming :thinking: I remember someone joined by finding the link through google search rather than the forum, but they were genuinely interested in reading the book. (I do not know what happened of them though)

2 Likes

Okay, well I added the link this morning :+1: I don’t know it myself, and people were consistently sharing 24-hour ones, so I had assumed as you suggested that there was a policy against sharing the permanent link to reduce the risk of bombing. It can always be removed again if it does become a problem :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I only had access to my phone when I posted the 24 hour one (which is the default) and never went back to make a permanent one. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Week 5!

We have read over half the volume already! :triumph: where does the time go

I’m really impressed by the number of people who have persevered this far. You have less than half left to make it to the end!

19 Likes

I’m watching one of the variety shows I watch every week and lo and behold, a segment on the joys of solo camping!

Cap

Definitely made me think fondly of Rin. <3

10 Likes

Someone get that guy an actual chair, though.

8 Likes