Reading Vol. 15・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

Sure! It’s not that much, compared to the other book clubs I have to manage. Thank you for making the threads themselves (especially typing the schedule), that’s honestly most of the heavy lifting.

4 Likes

Now that I’ve voted to start in early September, I probably should make sure I can actually get the book by then. Last time I checked Kinokuniya, they were clean out. Of everything Yuru Camp.

I think. It’s sometimes hard to tell - the manga section is supposed to be in English alphabetical order by the title of the manga (in Japanese), but they’ve got YA and YU and YO all over the place.

6 Likes

Same at book off, I had to order a new copy :frowning:

4 Likes

I get totally lost in there. I always have to end up asking where something is.

2 Likes

Is it obnoxious to post this in the current off-shoot clubs as well? I’m too tired to judge, so let me know if you think this is overkill :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking it might make sense to be a little more targeted about our voting, so…

Just in case anybody isn’t aware, the Beginner Book Club are currently voting on our next pick! If you’re interested in taking part, make sure you vote:

7 Likes

It’s still the weekend, right? Anyway, here be the thread:

I just need somebody to confirm the chapter end pages, especially for the bonus part at the end.

7 Likes

The bonus pages end at p.176 for me (Bookwalker eBook version) :slight_smile: the rest of the chapter end pages look good!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Kinokuniya came in clutch, suddenly just got a notice that they had my order YEET

Didn’t realize it was gonna have a dust jacket. Super nice quality and the screentones aren’t as bad as they are digitally

Summary

9 Likes

Wow those covers look way nicer than I ever felt they did online. What makes the screentones better? Are they edited or in different places or do they just make more sense on paper because of how our brains work?

3 Likes

Yeah the color work is gorgeous, and the gloss on the dust covers feels really nice.

I think that when you’re viewing them as digital images, the screentones end up blurring a bit either from compression or being blown up. The small tankouban pages are the perfect size for them to actually fit really well into the whole aesthetic.

Summary

Also, the binding’s covers are the 4komas and they’re v cute.

Summary

Real shocker tho? Japanese manga is ~$6 which is crazy. Getting it shipped here honestly cost as much as buying manga normally.

7 Likes
13 Likes

YeeeeAAAAAAHHHHHH

I can’t believe it’s been three years I’m so excited and happy

5 Likes

I literally don’t believe it

4 Likes

Yahoo!

Was season 1 this semi-3d animation? I haven’t actually seen the anime yet.

The only 3D I spotted in that trailer was the grasses waving, and yeah, the first season tended to do that too. And long shots of Rin on her scooter, if memory serves.

1 Like

8 Likes

We will need the thread for volume 4 as well :slight_smile:
Do we usually have a break week (aka emergency Book Off trip) between volumes? I forget.

5 Likes

I’ll make it this weekend :slight_smile: you had a break between volumes 2 and 3, so I guess that’s a yes :wink:

5 Likes

I bought everything up to volume nine, because Kinokuniya had them, and Kinokuniya’s getting old stuff in quite infrequently of late, so I didn’t want to miss out.

1 Like