Reading Vol. 15・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

I’m really enjoying this manga; it’s so healing, just what I need haha but July is still a bit far off so I’ll still have to see. I do want to join if I’m not swamped with rl stuff then. I’m getting the ebook version anyway so I can decide until then :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I was just looking at ordering some volumes od CDJapan or Amazon but the shipping cost is a bit too high for me a broke student like me. When I start working, I’m definitely going to buy real copies because I just love holding it in my hands while reading, and it would feel very cool if it was in Japanese. See you guys next Saturday <3

4 Likes

Radio Kaikan Akiba reopened recently.

ゆるキャンプグッズ

7 Likes

Okay:

I’m calling 11th July as the start date for volume two

I’ll make a discussion thread for it when we hit the last week of volume one; do note that there will be a ‘bonus’ discussion thread for this volume on the 13th, for the extra bit at the end and for general discussion of the volume / manga as a whole.

16 Likes

:partying_face:

2 Likes

Week 7!

Almost at the end :triumph:

We’re reading the final chapter this week, but there will be another thread next week in the break before フルーツバスケット for people to ask questions about the bonus section at the end and discuss the volume as a whole.

More sweeping vistas this week, hehe

11 Likes

Good morning/evening/middle of the night everyone! This is just a reminder that the live reading of Chapter 5 is taking place today at 2020-06-06T09:20:00Z.

3 Likes

Does the offshoot club usually last an entire series?

I guess, but particularly with one that’s not plot-driven like this we’d probably check in between each volume to see whether people want to keep going as a club. Any particular reason you ask?

2 Likes

Yeah I was going to buy the physical copies, but since I’ve read the first 5 volumes I might just join the live readings if people still want to do those. I’m trying to figure out purchasing Fruits Basked on the Japanese Amazon right now though haha… 怖い

Screenshot_449
これ。。。お仕舞いかな。。。

Update 1: aaaaand my account has been suspended for some reason

3 Likes

… what did you do?!

Use a VPN :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I had to send them pictures of my credit card and ID. Didn’t get an error e-mail ordering this time so I guess it went fine. 1500JPY shipping :smile:…heh

2 Likes

A mixture of slacking and life put be behind (a lot) with this book. However the difficulty is perfect so Im still trudging along with the help of the vocabulary sheet (thank you so much!)

I have ordered the next book (Flower Basket), but it looks like it will be late. So in the meantime I will catch up with this one :slight_smile:
Just wanted to post this to get my mind straight and hold myself accountable

Thank you for coming to my tedTalk

6 Likes

Feel free to ask more questions in the older threads if anything hasn’t been answered already :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Finally getting over my personal hangups and I’m determined to be part of the Vol 2 reading from the beginning! I was a little anxious with my Japanese in trying to catch up with Vol 1, but once I dug down and committed, I was surprised at how much I was actually able to read through.

That was thanks in large part to the awesome community efforts in updating the vocabulary spreadsheet. I can’t thank you guys enough for putting that together. It saved my butt from stumbling through Jisho trying to piece together kanji that I don’t know (of which there is a lot). Grammar is still kind of messy for me, but this has been a great way for me to just practice and get exposed to more of it.

My goal is to get caught up completely before this week ends so I can at least have finished Vol 1 before it’s totally over haha. Excited to join y’all for the next one!

11 Likes

Ooh, welcome to the forums! :crabigator:

1 Like

Fruits. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m so excited this is continuing! I’ve been reading a digital copy, but just bought the first three physical volumes yesterday!

5 Likes

Hey everyone! In the last live reading sessions, there was only 4 of us. Maybe people just lost interest, or maybe the time doesn’t suit them anymore. Would you guys like for the live reading time to be changed?

• I would like the time to be changed
  • I am just busy/lost interest and the time is fine
  • The time is fine and I am planning to participate

0 voters

I miss the option ‘I keep forgetting’ :sweat_smile:

4 Likes