Reading Vol. 12・ふらいんぐうぃっち・Flying Witch (Beginner Book Club) 🧹

Okay!

Do you want to read volume 2 together as a spin-off club?

Please don’t vote “I’d join in” unless you genuinely intend to participate if the spin-off goes ahead.

• Absolutely yes
  • I’d join in, but I’m not fussed either way
  • Not really

0 voters

If yes, when would you like to start?

• 4th January (first Saturday of 2020)
  • 18th January (roughly six weeks from this poll closing)
  • 15th February (a light week halfway through our next book)

0 voters

I’m only going to plan for volume two initially. We can decide whether to continue further after we see how that goes.

6 Likes

:ballot_box_with_check: Perhaps.

I just finished watching the anime, because I’d never gotten around to it before. I wanna try living in that house so bad…

2 Likes

What does the perhaps depend on? :wink:

1 Like

Am I allowed to vote even though I’ve put reading volume 1 on hold and haven’t finished it (yet)?

3 Likes

Of course!

2 Likes

I’m definitely reading volume 2 seeing as is already got it when it was free on Amazon. ^^ I would have just read it this month, but if we’re reading it together I can wait. It is nicer reading together. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Okay, I think sixteen participants (nine of whom are super enthusiastic!) is probably enough, so let’s see how volume 2 goes!

The start date results were a bit mixed, but looks like the 15th of February is the most popular date, so you’re all going to have to wait a bit before we crack on :wink:

I’ll update the OP with a schedule and so on over the weekend if I don’t get around to it today. Updated!

13 Likes

Alright, congratulations to everybody who’s made it to the end of volume one! Hang in there if you’re still going :wink:

How would you rate this manga (where 5 is excellent and 1 is terrible)?

0 voters

Please do feel free to elaborate on why :grin:

6 Likes

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that volume 2 is free right now on amazon japan, so go grab a copy if you haven’t bought it yet!

10 Likes

Just a note - volumes 1 and 2 are also free on Bookwalker until the 9th, I believe. Follow @Radish8’s link in the OP to download it (or here: ふらいんぐうぃっち) to grab it.

p.s. Radish, here’s your ping. :wink:

3 Likes

Same for booklive! Vol 1 and Vol 2

1 Like

Oooh, thank you! I knew I’d forget :sweat_smile:

I’ve added a note to the OP, and will add multiple links for the second volume tomorrow.

1 Like

And just in case anyone’s with Kobo:

Usually something like this states how long it will be available, but I don’t see that listed here. But since it was mentioned that Bookwalker has them free until the 9th, that may be true for Kobo as well.

3 Likes

There’s another eReader option?! :scream:

Honto.jp has it for free as well :smiley:

2 Likes

Okay I added them all :fearful: someone remind me to take down the notice about them being free :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Give me enough time, and I’m sure I can find a bunch more =D (But I only mention Kobo since that’s what I use.)

1 Like

This is a super subjective question but…does anyone want to super briefly explain the different ebook options and which are the best or friendliest for Android users based in the US? I had been buying things via the Amazon JP Kindle store, but it looks like they found out I haven’t been buying from Japan (no VPN) and won’t let me grab anything else :frowning: :sob: .

“BookWalker, eBook Japan, BookLive, Honto, Rakuten Kobo, Kindle”
I briefly checked out Honto, but it doesn’t look like the Honto app is available in the Google Play US store. So do any of the stores give DRM free books that are easy to ready with other apps, and/or do any have apps available for US users??

1 Like

I’m not a reader of eBooks, but Voi provided a comparison of BookWalker and eBook Japan that came down heavily in favour of BookWalker here (including the existence of a Google Play app in the US):

Kobo has a Google Play app, and @ChristopherFritz uses it so may be able to elaborate.

I don’t know anything about BookLive, I’m afraid.

For what it’s worth, I believe that if you do use a VPN for Amazon JP for just a couple of purchases they’ll leave you alone again.

4 Likes

And if you are looking for a VPN, there is the free TunnelBear that gives you 500 MB per month which is plenty for a few ebook purchases - just don’t forget to turn it off again afterwards, or else it will use up all data and then you have to wait until next month…

5 Likes