Reading Vol. 12・ふらいんぐうぃっち・Flying Witch (Beginner Book Club) 🧹

… or not, if we keep reading the series as an offshoot :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

That’s a funny way to spell “when”.

8 Likes

:joy: I already own volume 2 from back when I first read it. Is there enough interest though? I don’t think it’s worth continuing if only a couple of people want to - Aria worked well because there was quite a substantial group I can’t believe I’m going to miss it all :sob:. Perhaps it’s poll time :wink:

9 Likes

IT’S ALWAYS POLL TIME!

Ahem.

Yes, I think it would be nice to make sure. In fact, we will probably need to put some break to make sure people have time to get the next book(s).

9 Likes

My suggestion for a poll of Aria readers:

After finishing Aria, what will you read?

• Flying Witch with the book club.
  • Flying Witch alongside the book club.
  • Flying Witch utilizing the book club.
  • Flying Witch after catching up on volume one.

That should help with readership count =D

Edit: At the very least, we’ll get a single thread for discussion of unscheduled reading of the series.

3 Likes

Indeed, and it would probably be good to get into the next pick a bit before starting something new. I actually think a new year start might work well, or

:wink: but of course this is prime poll material too.

I’ll gauge interest when I put up the final week’s discussion thread :+1:

4 Likes

I’d love to keep reding it! I was already thinking of ordering vol 2 this upcoming week, so I’m definitely in if you guys are doing this :grin:

3 Likes

I ordered the whole set when I ordered vol 1… but I’m so slow at reading, I don’t think I can do everything else and read vol 2 and the next book (which looked daunting - maybe it’s not that hard…have to find out)…at the same time.

I would love to keep reading but I’d have to probably not jump into the next book … Oh so much to read so little time! If only I was fluent already…

3 Likes

Waiting until the new year for continuing Flying Witch (as an offshoot club) does have a few advantages:

• Gives time to buy the final seven second volumes for those reading physical.
  • We’ll be a few weeks into 「ふしぎな町」, so everyone will have an idea of whether they can handle more Flying Witch on top of that.
  • I didn’t check on overlap between Aria readers and Flying Witch readers, but it looks like Aria wraps up on in the latter half of January.
  • Many people may be preoccupied with larger holiday celebrations in December.
7 Likes

Your first real book will always be hard at first. Just stick with it and ask questions and it’ll be a great learning experience. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

12 Likes

Hahaa I’m on the same boat, but I bought the ebook already so there is no going back now :grimacing::sweat_smile:
頑張りましょうね!

4 Likes

I might be interested in reading past volume 1, too.

3 Likes

I’d definitely be interested, though I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not I already bought all the released volumes back when the first book was chosen.

7 Likes

I have the second volume since that was also available for free with the first volume. The series isn’t bad, but I’m not sure I care enough to keep reading.

2 Likes

This is totally unrelated to this thread, but I couldn’t figure out where else to ask and at least I won’t piss off the OP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pssssst, @Omun, you just got the Jamurtle too, right? Do you have any idea what it’s for?! Everyone else got it like a year ago…

2 Likes

I seemed to have gotten mine right after a mod dropped a like for me answering a question from a level 1 user on how to type certain kana. I think you answered there too, with links to the FAQ. Maybe they’re trying to show more appreciation for member helping out. I also got one recently after flagging a topic that was against forum rules.

5 Likes

I am very okay with that if so!

2 Likes

Dun DUN DUN!

Final week is here!

I’m at a wedding this weekend, so will do polls about continuing and rating this volume and so on on Sunday :blush:

14 Likes

Wow, I literally just caught up after a few weeks of being behind. Nice timing.
Now I just have to do the same with キッチン :shushing_face:

6 Likes