Reading Vol. 12・ふらいんぐうぃっち・Flying Witch (Beginner Book Club) 🧹

I only remember maybe half of an episode where Chinatsu was following Chito around in the anime that wasn’t in the manga. Everything else was really faithful other than some very slight things.

3 Likes

I guess I should set my Kindle back to my Japanese account so I can read the manga there instead of on my phone.

6 Likes

I just ordered the book! Hope it arrives by the time this starts, this is the first time I’m joining a book club :grin:

8 Likes

One week to go! :tada:

I have a good feeling about this one :thinking:

11 Likes

I kind of want to re-watch the anime now haha… And I want to start reading early… Have enough stuff to do tho… Going to hold off haha

3 Likes

My shipment of Flying Witch appears to have gone missing. :package::money_with_wings:
Not. Happy. :angry:

4 Likes

awww… quick there’s still time! order another one

2 Likes

I’ll see what my options are once the seller issues a refund. Since book club hasn’t started I agreed to wait a few more days. With my luck I’d pay retail+ at Kinokuniya :money_with_wings: and come home to find the package in the mailbox. :mailbox_with_mail:

4 Likes

I nearly forgot to ask… @seanblue… any chance you could work your spreadsheet magic?

:bowing_man: :cake:

5 Likes
11 Likes

I’m still waiting for mine to arrive, with some luck it gets here this week :grimacing:
In the meantime I found out they added the first 7 chapters in Bilingual Manga if anyone is interested. If you guys don’t know what that is, it’s a website where you can read manga in japanese and switch to english at any time by clicking a button on the side, it’s really good :grin: (not sure if I’m allowed to link it, but if you google “bilingual manga” it should be the first one to pop up).

2 Likes

Just be careful not to lean on the English translation too much or too soon. If you always go there the moment you don’t understand the Japanese, you likely won’t learn as much compared to if you’d tried to figure it out or asked for help on the forums. (This is directed at everyone, not just you.)

EDIT:
I just looked at the website because I was curious. The Japanese is manually typed in so you can use browser extensions (nice I guess), but this means the text often falls awkwardly out of the text bubble. There’s also at least one typo I saw in the Japanese in the first 10ish pages. And as usual some of the English translations are awkward, lose the nuance of the Japanese, or are outright wrong.

7 Likes

I get what you mean, I personally haven’t used it yet, but I thought it was a nice alternative. Of course, if you’re gonna switch to english after every sentence, might as well just read it in english :sweat_smile: . That said, I think it’s a cool idea and it can be helpful if used wisely, that’s why I have it saved in bookmarks.

2 Likes

ok, @radish8 先輩 , after trying to read the sample, I think, this book contains some kanji/vocabs I know and I don’t, and I’ve just bought the ebook. This will be my first WK book club. Idk what to do in Book club :laughing: よろしく。

Ho! Question though, how do bookwalker user here enlarge the view on Chrome browser? I can do it easily on my Android mobile, since it’s an app, just the reversed pinch will enlarge the view, but doing so on Chrome on Mac makes it turning page frantically, and I can’t read it on computer.

3 Likes

Just post up any questions you have…it’s easy…

even if they are stupid ones… I posted plenty for girls last tour :slight_smile: Hopefully this time around I won’t have nearly as many.

3 Likes

What happens if you double-click on a page? Does it double the page size once?

Resizing the window should resize the content to fit the screen, but I know most operating systems’ window managers don’t make it easy to resize a window larger than the monitor and still be able to move the window around easily.

2 Likes

I just double click, it resizes the content. Thanks!

but it only worked if I double click around the centre. not too right or left, otherwise it’ll turn the page. I musn’t either scroll with two fingers too far, otherwise it’ll turn the page. Not as flexible as the android app. but still better than normal size.

This will be my first time getting on board with one of these at the beginning! Very exciting. I have my copy and am ready to go!

8 Likes

I was in the Utsunomiya Yaesu Books and I thought I’d look for Flying Witch, but I gave up after browsing the shelves for what felt like hours. How does anyone find books in there?

2 Likes

By asking the staff!

Also, that reminds me I still haven’t bought the book. It’s getting fairly critical at this point.

2 Likes