Reading Vol. 12・ふらいんぐうぃっち・Flying Witch (Beginner Book Club) 🧹

Just bought me volume 9 in English. :grin:

2 Likes

On this note - is there a confirmed publication date yet?

This site says June 9, but I don’t know what their source is:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that is just a guess based on the fact that volume 9 came out on the same day one year before.

2 Likes

It seems like a reasonable enough guess. Flying Witch averages approximately 300 days between volume releases, and so far the greatest gap has been 364 days (one day short of a year) between volumes 6 and 7.

3 Likes

I want to thank everyone who contributed to the vocab sheets and discussions. I just finished Volume 1 as my first Japanese manga thanks to this book club! Really enjoyed this and learned a lot. It might be a bit difficult but I hope I can catch up before the 10th volume comes up to join the discussions.

7 Likes

Today I bumped into this Amazon page:

:tada:

10 Likes

I bought the first four volumes because I ordered some JLPT material on Amazon JP anyways (need to keep the shipping costs per item low, right? :joy:) Just started the first book and it seems like a really entertaining read :blush:

6 Likes

Woah! Should we be fixing a date, do we think, or is it still too early to be confident?

2 Likes

Kodansha says:

Screenshot_20210516_123310

When working out a date, we also want to ensure we factor in those who plan to buy physical and have it shipped to them.

2 Likes

I’m very confident that this will be the release date. Searched a bit more and found the same date at Rakuten and even at Kodansha (the publisher) - as you already learned from @ChristopherFritz :wink:

So let’s go ahead and fix a date!!

5 Likes

Wheee!

How does 10th July sound? That gives a month for physical copies to get shipped…

@ChristopherFritz, are you happy to continue doing the weekly posts?

5 Likes

The mangaka also confirmed this on twitter.

5 Likes

Sure, I can definitely do that.

I’ll set myself a thread bookmark reminder for a week before July 10th so I’m ready for it.

2 Likes

July sounds great for me too. I read the first 4 volumes in a month, so I should be able to catch up until then. Very excited to read the new volume together with the club. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ve put a reminder in my calendar to make the thread on the 9th :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohh how fun! I won’t be reading with you as I haven’t read any of it yet (so I’m deffo not at volume 10) but actually Flying Witch is one of my favourite anime, so its still very tempting to join in the read belatedly. I keep meaning to order a bunch of manga from Amazon JP but I always get cold feet when it comes to actually ordering :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Exciting!!

3 Likes

Now also available for preorder on Bookwalker, if anyone is interested: ふらいんぐうぃっち(10) - マンガ(漫画) 石塚千尋(別冊少年マガジン):電子書籍試し読み無料 - BOOK☆WALKER -

2 Likes

Still so many days :sob:

1 Like