Reading Vol. 15・ゆるキャン△・ Laid-Back Camp 🏕 (Beginner Book Club)

Well, yes. Except it’s getting worse. It’s still way better than other parts of the world. Fun fact: if we used the standards the French government is applying, Tokyo would be considered “safe”.
Still, I’d rather not go in a place that is jam packed with people. I do pass in front of a Book Off a few times per week, and there are still a lot of people in there.
For the same reason, I’d rather not go travelling for a while…

2 Likes

Yeah, we’re doing so well at it here in Australia (uh… not to humblebrag) that I honestly keep forgetting that in the US and Europe, it’s the worst it’s ever been.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m more excited for this to come back than Attack on Titan

2 Likes

Ya know, when we start reading, there’s a fair chance we’ll read each chapter the same week the corresponding anime episode airs.

Though… we might need to read two chapters per week in order to keep up.

2 Likes

Volume 1-5 on sale on Bookwalker, so I grabbed vol. 4 and 5 :grin: Now I can binge :eyes:

6 Likes

6 Likes

thanks for letting me know. Now I can do the same :grin:

6 Likes

Yay, I’m now caught up with the club and ready to go with volume 5!

4 Likes

Ouch, just figured out I don’t have to wait until postal service resume operating to get my books and that I can read it in plain Kindle.
Let me hop in, I love this neatest story beyond the extreme.

3 Likes

Source: Experience Laid-Back Camp in Augmented Reality at Camping Gear Store - Interest - Anime News Network

3 Likes

Oh, nice. Think my favourite part of this is simply the fact that Yuru Camp is still relevent enough in the public eye to be running this sort of competition.

To be clear, by the way, this is a Coleman Lumiere lantern:

Which is to say, it’s at least visibly similar to the lantern that Nadeshiko has been saving up to buy since chapter 14 (at the start of volume 3).

6 Likes

Yes. It’s a lamp that campers use.

When did miners come into the conversation? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, it’s not very bright, and it’s easy for the wind to blow it out. But mostly because carrying around a substance that spontaeously produces acetylene gas when it gets wet is just a hair unsafe.

2 Likes

if you can keep LP gas(an explosive if it leaks) as liquid(32psi) you won’t have any problem keeping carbide dry

It’s also really really hard to get calcium carbide. Cause it’s rated “hazardous” in about five different categories. Meanwhile, you can buy fuel cans at the convenience store.

1 Like

i had no idea.

We have a volume 5 thread!

@Naphthalene, are you still okay to do the weekly participation posts, or would you like me to take that over?

OH! Totally forgot to say as well - I completely guessed the last page number of each chapter, so it would be great if somebody could confirm those. Especially the bonus chapter; that could be any length.

10 Likes

Sure, no problem. They don’t take time anyway.

2 Likes

Thank you! I believe everything is ready to go today then.

2 Likes