📚 📚 Read Japanese Every Day Challenge - Spring 2024 🌸 🍡 🌱

WaniKani does. But a word that can be occasionally seen with unexpected reading is 則(のっと)る. (Though WaniKani also gives Kun’yomi, but not taught.)

I don’t think 教則本(きょうそくぼん) is very common, but probably still worth learning.

連日(れんじつ) is very common in my experience, but I probably haven’t seen 連夜(れんや) until yesterday.

9 Likes

I read two level 2 stories, four level 1 stories, and one N5 article.

20 Likes

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: :video_game: :cherry_blossom: :shamrock: April 15

Started ハイキュー!! Vol.6 and read one chapter. Read some 傲慢と善良 (67% → 70%).

20 Likes

16th april

home post

another 20 pages of すきとも and so wish i could sit and read this basically in one go, i feel like it lends itself to that well. お<ruby l’s speech gives me a bit of trouble but on the whole it’s pretty accessible.

today’s nhk article was this one (plus this one) and というのに in aDoIJG

words that stood out: colours edition

すきとも:
小豆色(あずきいろ) - reddish-brown
群青色(ぐんじょういろ) - ultramarine
すみれ色(いろ) - violet
暇乞(いとまご)い - leave-taking, requesting leave from work.
鍵盤(けんばん) - keyboard. was an oh moment for this one
しのぎやすい - jisho didn’t have it but jp definition was 天候がおだやかで快適に過ごすことができる。特に涼しさについていうことが多い。

elsewhere:
海馬(かいば) - hippocampus. another oh moment

17 Likes

:bug: April 16th :horse_racing:

Ack I hit enter too quickly. I loved Renshuu’s picks this week and I am just too excited and hyper for JoJo :dagger: rn so I went ahead and finished the volume early. I am ready to post questions for the next chapter already lol.

18 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 3

4月16日 (火)

• :cn: Three Kingdoms 2 (26-28/30)

• NHKにようこそ! (75-87%)

• クプルムの花嫁 Vol.3 (71-83%)

• DIJG : わけには行かない

Words of the day
  • 剥製(はくせい) = stuffing; mounting. Of a トド :seal: in context.
  • サビ抜(ぬ)き = wasabi-free
  • 社会通念(しゃかいつうねん) = idea commonly accepted by society
  • 豪雪地帯(ごうせつちたい) = area of heavy snowfall
  • そうは問屋(とんや)が卸(おろ)さない = “a wholesaler won’t sell it like that”; not that easy in reality
  • 運(うん)の尽(つ)き = out of luck. 命運(めいうん)が尽(つ)きた状態(じょうたい)
  • 心中(しんちゅう) = inner feelings. Like 胸中(きょうちゅう) or 心底(しんそこ). Different from 心中(しんじゅう) (= ShinjÅ« - Wikipedia :drop_of_blood:). And there is still 中心(ちゅうしん).
  • 確信犯(かくしんはん) = crime of conscience / premeditated crime
  • 放火(ほうか) = arson :fire:
  • 振(ふ)り込(こ)め詐欺(さぎ) = bank transfer scam. The verb is 振(ふ)り込(こ)む. A kind of 特殊詐欺(とくしゅさぎ) (telephone banking scam).

16 Likes

April 16 | Home post

Lots of VN reading today: Finished chapter 4 in Christmas Tina, read a bit further and really started route A in Island, and read a bit in Clannad on my Switch. Island snd Christmas Tina are for intensive reading and Clannad is for extensive reading (checking the English translation often). I’m having do much fun with them!

18 Likes

:house: home post :house:
:calendar: 2024年4月16日 :calendar:

:question: Title Read today Currently at Notes
:orange_book: Secret 2 episodes 82/98 —
:bust_in_silhouette: シャドーハウス 5 chapters 88/175
19 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // April 16 :cherry_blossom: :dango: :seedling:

・ 今はもうない - Switch Back (18% → 25%)

Finished week 2 of book club. Weirdly enough, I was tired in a way that made it easier for me to focus on reading while on the train. Also the kind of morning where I stumbled into everything and bruised my knee in the process.

Note to self: Week 3 is until the end of chapter 1, roughly 76~ pages.

This from 3 days ago doesn’t apply anymore – the book has gotten much more interesting, so the words aren’t bouncing off like water on a softshell jacket.

22 Likes

四月十六日・Home Post

I made a table like all the cool people are doing, though I’m really not sure how to even begin to quantify 空の軌跡 XD Give me a few more hours and I might reach the tutorial XD (is there a specific emoji ettiquette or am I okay to use whatever?)

17 Likes

4月16日 | Home post

This week continues to be busy.

• アオハライド (6) (pp. 148-159)
  • DoBJG: 聞こえる; きらいだ; こと (1) (30%)
17 Likes

Home

Two weeks down and I haven’t missed a day. Briefly got my WK down to 0/0 for the first time in months, too. I’ll take this motivation while it lasts.

23 Likes

2024-04-13 — 2024-04-16

:previous_track_button: Previous | :house: Home post | Next :next_track_button:

Date Name Type Amount Time
2024-04-16 :tent: ゆるキャンプ1 :green_book: Manga :arrow_forward: Chapter 2
:page_facing_up: 26 pages
:hourglass: 10m
2024-04-15 :tent: ゆるキャンプ1 :green_book: Manga :arrow_forward: Chapter 1
:page_facing_up: 38 pages
:hourglass: 10m
2024-04-14 Combo breaker :frowning: :x: :x: :x:
2024-04-13 :family_woman_girl: 老女的少女ひなたちゃん1 :green_book: Manga 10 pages :hourglass: 2m

So as mentioned in the listening log I had a very busy weekend which unfortunately means my combo got broken :frowning: I normally don’t bother to count the ABBC (for me) reread of 老女的少女ひなたちゃん as it takes so little time at this point but it reduces a 2 day streak break to a 1 day, so I’m including it this time :stuck_out_tongue:

Though for me, recovering from lost pace is as important a skill as keeping it, so with interruptions compete, my plan is to finish out ゆるキャンプ volume 1 tomorrow, do the IBC chapters for this week and next week of セーラー服と機関銃 Thursday and Friday, and then maybe start a second book in the second junior 本好きの下剋上 novel now that I’ve finished the volume 1 manga

24 Likes

:house: Home Post | :writing_hand: Study Log | 04月16日

Resource Progress Visual
:orange_book: Tadoku L3 Stories 6/24 ■■□□□□□□□□ 25%
:green_book: Tadoku L4 Stories 0/9 □□□□□□□□□□
:blue_book: Tadoku L5 Stories 0/3 □□□□□□□□□□
:newspaper_roll: NHK Articles 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
:coffee: Shirokuma Cafe 8% □□□□□□□□□□
:teddy_bear: 老女的少女ひなたちゃん1巻 0.3/9 → 0.6/9 □□□□□□□□□□ 6%
:open_book: DoBJG 7/205 □□□□□□□□□□ 3%
20 Likes

17 April | Study Log

:question: Title Type Natively Progress
:love_letter: ヒナのままじゃだめですか? 3 manga 20 25% → 57%
:candy: 不思議駄菓子屋1 book 24 90% (no change)
:cat2: また、同じ夢を見ていた book 25 60% (no change)
:eagle: ダンジョン飯6 manga 29 15% (no change)
  • A bit more ひな3 this morning, will wrap today or tomorrow.
  • The trailer for Look Back dropped, so I might go pick up that and Goodbye Eri from the bookstore in JPN tomorrow…
20 Likes

I read five articles from NHK News Web Easy. I was actually really surprised that I could read them. I had to look up some of the more techical terms. I think that they’re around the same difficulty as level 2 readers.

20 Likes

For the thread or that work? There’s no etiquette for the thread, emoji are just fun

11 Likes

:cherry_blossom::seedling::memo: 4月 16日

Book Natively Progress Type
:eight_pointed_black_star: NARUTO ナルト Vol. 2 L 25 43% → 80% Manga
:closed_book: 新にほんご 500問 N2 L 33 55% → 72% JLPT
:shinto_shrine: すずめの戸締まり L 31 1.3k → 2.0k Novel

I’m so bad at remembering to write updates ahaha :sweat_smile: I went hard into the 500問 book today, didn’t really plan on studying so i’m not sure why it called to me, but it was kind of refreshing to do all those practice questions after a long break without any JLPT practice

I decided to try reading Suzume with a lightly-soundtracked pomodoro video today and it worked shockingly well in keeping my mind from drifting mid-paragraph. I will definitely be employing this practice more in the future lol

See you next time (´・ᴗ・ ` )

P.S., 24-hour readathon event later this month? :eyes: :open_book:

↑ zoom back up to home thread

20 Likes

:motor_scooter: back to my home post

:star: 04月16日 Type Progress
:headphones: BBC 気になってる人が男じゃなかった manga 63% → 92%

Ahhh almost done. Would have finished too if it weren’t for that pesky ‘job.’

21 Likes

Ooh it came!

This should make word mining from my physicals just that little bit easier. I had to disassemble the back and sand it down for desk usage though lol

27 Likes