📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

Summary post

Day 27: January 27th
What did I read?: おでかけ子ザメ2
How much did I read?: 29 pages
How long did it take me?: didn’t time

I still didn’t have any bright ideas for what to read next yesterday, so I finished off tiny shark instead of trying something new :joy: I’m obsessed with this page full of sea puns, it’s so cute and I understood it :joy: Whatever this show is, I love it

Also small shark wearing a cozyドテラ :pleading_face:

Day 28: January 28th
What did I read?: ペンギン・ハイウェイ
How much did I read?: 5 pages
How long did it take me?: 32 minutes

Does anyone else remember when this was like…super popular for a hot second :joy: I bought the light novel back then and just never read it. It was a highly aspirational buy at the time lol, it was definitely above my level and way too long for me to try and tackle by myself. This was like…literally 2018, holy fork In any case, what possessed me to pick it up now, I do not know, but I like the little penguins running around in the page breaks and I’m pleasantly surprised by how easy a read it feels. …The fact that I have the furigana version helps, but still. The grammar is like…easily comprehensible most of the time, it feels like I’m reading rather than slogging which is something I’m not accustomed to with novels. So far it’s mostly been the main kid talking about his town and becoming super えらい, I look forward to the appearance of the penguins lmao

Cool expression I learned today: 百聞は一見にしかず - seeing is believing; one eye-witness is better than many hearsays; a picture is worth a thousand words

26 Likes