📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

Continuation of 1月9日
I actually started and finished chapter 1 of チュベローズで待ってる. No joke, it reads fast even with all the kanji and vocab that stumped me. I wasn’t even going to check it out at first. An idol writing a book just sounded like a good way to collect more money from fans :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

And then the sudden popularity continued to nag me until I looked up the synopsis and more about the author. (Apparently he cranks out a novel about every year) I honestly thought it would be a dramatic romance but the idea behind exploring the depressing reality of the job hunting experience in Japan and the even less acknowledged hosting life intrigued me. And with the special Bookwalker sale at the time I was bought.

1月10日
I finished chapter 1 of 世界から猫が消えたなら, and the dark humor makes it fun to read. My expectations of the book changed while reading, but I think it was for the better. I was kind of expecting a more depressing tone with philosophical musings. While there are things the author muses about that make you feel sorry for him, his exchanges with the devil can be downright silly, so it feels light-hearted.

There’s a lot of dialogue exchange so it reads fast. There’s not too many lookups either, so it’s manageable to read as a paperback.

28 Likes