📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

Summary post

Day 4: January 4th
What did I read?: 夜の名前を呼んで Vol 3
How much did I read?: 33 pages
How long did it take me?: 30 min

This chapter was so sweet, I am going to cry :face_holding_back_tears: First, can we just set the mood with this darling chapter cover page because it’s beautiful and I love it

Also the phrase そばにいるよ (which is the chapter title) makes me so soft for no real reason, the sentiment just sounds so sweet in Japanese to me, idk, it’s one of my favorites, I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Capri really shines in this chapter, but both he and Rei are just so gosh darn sweet and supportive to Mira, I can’t :sob: At the very end of the previous chapter, Capri noticed that there was a サイン会 happening in town for Mira’s favorite author (the one who wrote the book that they were discussing all last chapter). In this chapter, the three of them are trying to see if Mira can get herself into town to attend it. Rei and Capri are like walking with her down the path, encouraging her as she goes the way Rei is like holding her hand and leading her gently down the road is so soft :pleading_face: In the end, Mira’s anxiety is too bad and she can’t get all the way to town, but Capri goes to the サイン会 and gets a copy of her favorite book signed in her name, and the author writes her a really sweet note, and I just-, everyone is so sweet :face_holding_back_tears:

31 Likes