๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

March 13th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
76 - 108

ไธๅฏ่งฃ(ใตใ‹ใ‹ใ„)ใชใผใใฎใ™ในใฆใ‚’ 2
-

ๅญฃ็ฏ€(ใใ›ใค)ใ‚’ๆ„‰(ใŸใฎ)ใ—ใ‚€366ๆ—ฅ(ใŸใฎใ—ใ‚€)
3/14

Seasons celebrated Math Day (Pi Day) and White Day.

I realized I havenโ€™t read JoJo in about 3 weeks, wow/yikes lmao. I donโ€™t think I would have been able to re pick it up as easily if not for being at one of the stupidest deaths in the whole series.

Iโ€™m thinking of finishing volume 10 and hopefully starting Fukakai vol 2, but Amazon says that the new Ultra Jump is arriving on Friday. Iโ€™ll probably be obsessed with the new chapters in it. Depending how timing works out, I might take a break from Part 2 of JoJo and Fukakai in order to properly read the Crazy Diamond Spinoff in order.

18 Likes

I read one of the two chapter assignment for this weekโ€™s ไธƒๅ›žๆญปใ‚“ใ ็”ท (might finish the second chapter after this) and all I can say is: wow. I will never read this author again. Itโ€™s so tedious for such a good concept. Itโ€™s a perfectly interesting story and yet he just keeps repeating himself and drilling the same points home for the reader over and over again. The first ~4 pages of this chapter felt like an episode recap of the chapter Iโ€™d just finished.

่ฅฟๆพคไฟๅฝฆ. Never again.
โ€ฆexcept I totally have another book of his in my ็ฉ่ชญ pile and I have the audiobook :weary: So probably again. Just like this poor grandpa that keep dying.

20 Likes

Home

Yesterday I didnโ€™t actually feel the effects of the time change terribly much until the evening, but today Iโ€™ve been feeling it from the moment I woke upโ€ฆ

But in good news, I found out what happened to my DJs!

It turns out they didnโ€™t go to a residence, but got mixed in with the mail for some business facility? It seems they go through the mail and send back the stuff that accidentally got mixed in weekly and I got lucky that mine arrived soon before they send the weekly batch back, because it got here today! Oh thank goodness itโ€™s not lost forever.

Also the freebie that Otaku Republic included this time was a Kageyama Tobio can badge!

Certainly beats the clear protective covers Iโ€™ll never use that theyโ€™ve sent with nearly every Manga Republic order lmao. Iโ€™m still not sure what to do with those. eBay?

This is one of the ones where if you tip it side to side and/or up and down it gives the illusion of being 3D. Canโ€™t remember what thatโ€™s called. I kinda wanna say holographic, but also I think thatโ€™s that type of shiny paper thatโ€™s like itโ€™s got big pieces of glitter in it or somethingโ€ฆ

I wonder if I got this one because I got a kagehina DJ. If I hadnโ€™t gotten that DJ, I wonder what character they woulda sent, and if I woulda been lucky enough that it was a character I liked. (Something tells me no lol. With my usual luck, I pry woulda gotten Bakugouโ€ฆ But maybe theyโ€™ve got MP100 ones too and I woulda been fine; I did get that Reigen & his sister DJ)

Also I am not normally this lucky, so I guess Iโ€™ll be preparing for a string of bad things to happen now.

This wasn't even the only lucky thing to happen recently.

Thursday before last (the 2nd), there was a pretty bad storm that evening that set off the tornado sirens for like two minutes. The next morning, we find that the utility pole right outside the doughnut shop I work at is now severely leaning toward it. Itโ€™s at an angle, so if it falls, it wonโ€™t hit the store straight on, but it will hit the employee-only part behind the counter. Also, the line that connects to the store from the pole is now drooping low enough that itโ€™s caught underneath the corner of our sign. Apparently itโ€™s only telephone, not power, but Iโ€™m pretty sure thatโ€™s not good either. So the baker calls the city and informs them of it. A guy comes down to take a look, and he says not to worry about it, itโ€™ll be fixed in a few days.

Fast forward a week, to Thursday the 9th. Thereโ€™s more rain that eveningโ€”not as bad as the last time, but enough to make the telephone pole (this oneโ€™s shorter and only has telephone, as opposed to telephone and power) connected across the store entrance from the severely leaning utility pole in front of the shopโ€”which, might I add, has not been fixed as promisedโ€”lean just that bit more. On Friday morning, the milk truck comes with our delivery. Now, he has been here twice since the last storm, and the sausage truck which is taller has been here once, and theyโ€™ve had no problem driving under the telephone line to get out (they drive in on the other side, where the drive-thru lets out onto the highway, and drive around the back; yes, weโ€™re a small-business doughnut shop with a drive-thru). Either the telephone line doesnโ€™t look any lower than when he was last here on Tuesday, or it does but not too low for the truck. He is not expecting trouble getting out today either. The line gets caught on the front of his truck at the top and pulls down the telephone pole. Not the utility pole in front of our store, which could have been very, very bad depending on exactly which angle it fell (it wouldnโ€™t have been pulled 180ยฐ from where it was leaningโ€ฆ maybe more like 110ยฐ? Could definitely have still hit the store, especially considering how far it was leaning and Iโ€™m pretty sure itโ€™s also bent), but the telephone-only pole where all there is there is just grass.

Oh, and when the pole actually goes down, rather than is just a potential concern, the cops are there within minutes, and someone comes down later that same day to put in a new utility pole right next to the severely leaning one. As of yesterday, they havenโ€™t done anything with the mostly-downed telephone poles or that downed/snapped line, and I donโ€™t think theyโ€™ve transferred the lines from the old pole to the new pole either, but yeah. Funny how that works. Also if theyโ€™d fixed it at any time during that week like theyโ€™d said, this wouldnโ€™t have happened.

• ใŠใŠใใชใŠใŠใใช่Šฑๅฑ‹ใ•ใ‚“ (Jumbo/tou-chan DJ)
  • ใ„ใกใซใก่Šฑๅฑ‹ใ•ใ‚“ (sequel to the previous) Theyโ€™re both pretty adorable. I hadnโ€™t read them scanned but I figured theyโ€™d be fine since theyโ€™re not R-18, and I was right! I definitely donโ€™t regret buying them. (Iโ€™d less like to take bets with DJs than books since theyโ€™re more expensive lol)
  • 22 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 189. I wonโ€™t be finishing any of the books Iโ€™d wanted to finish this challenge since my attention went elsewhere, but Iโ€™m hoping Iโ€™ll be able to finish this one!
  • ใญใ“ๅณถ็‰ฉ่ชž
Some vocab of note:

่‡จๆ™‚ไผ‘ๆฅญ (ใ‚Šใ‚“ใ˜ใใ‚…ใ†ใŽใ‚‡ใ†) [n.] temporary closure (of a shop, etc.)
ๅŠ›ไป•ไบ‹ (ใกใ‹ใ‚‰ใ—ใ”ใจ) [n.] physical work; manual labor

18 Likes

Congratulations on the djs making their way home to you! How lucky.

Also, wow on the pole. That sounds anxiety generating.

11 Likes

March 13 :snowflake: Home Post

Ended up a bit busy again today, but I got in some BU$TAFELLOWS! Iโ€™ve just barely started Shuu side A and I already have more questions than ever :joy: very intrigued to see where it goes!

18 Likes

So, I didnโ€™t read yesterday because I procrastinated and then there was no timeโ€ฆ Opsโ€ฆ

But I wanted to post because I posted the Ouran thread:

Also, @enbyboiwonder, Iโ€™m so glad your books got unlost! Gotta wonder how they got that lost to begin withโ€ฆ Anyhow, also glad that all the pole stuff didnโ€™t turn out bad. Might be that the utility pole was planned to be changed that day the smaller one went down anyway. Otherwise how likely would it be they did anything about it the same day the smaller one went down? Maybe Iโ€™m just cynical. xD

15 Likes

13/3 12 pages Spy Family (finished volume 5), 9 pages Orange
14/3 9 pages Orange, 6 pages ๅค่ฆ‹ใ•ใ‚“

This week seems to be going better. I can see things going downhill reading wise as I end up in a last minute panic for my next trip. But then I can read on the flights.

18 Likes

Mar 14, Tue of Week 12 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

• ๆฎ‹ๆœˆ่จ˜ : ใใ—ใฆๆœˆใŒใตใ‚Šใ‹ใˆใ‚‹ Ch.4-5

Ch.1-3 was read on Fri, Sat, Sun respectively, and yesterday was skipped. Also listened to audiobook.

Quite a scene just ahead, as I have looked.

• ใ†ใ‚‰ใ‚‰่ฟท่ทฏๅธ– Vol.2 (28-39%)
Words of the day
  • ใใญใใญ(.) = (on-mim) twisting; swaying. Also is the verb, ใใญใ‚‹.
  • ใƒŸใ‚ทใƒŸใ‚ท(.) = (on-mim) with a creak. Also, ใฟใ—ใ‚Š. Perhaps something stuck together too much.
  • ใƒ–ใƒฉใƒ–ใƒฉ(.) = (on-mim) swinging around (e.g. legs) / loitering; aimlessly / keeping of chronic illness
  • ใฉใฃใ‹ใ‚Š(.) = (on-mim) plunking down something heavy (e.g. drop your butts on the floor to sit). Indeed, not related to ๅพณๅˆฉ(ใจใฃใใ‚Š).
  • ้–‹(ใฒใ‚‰)ใ็›ด(ใชใŠ)ใ‚‹ = to turn defiant
  • ้‡Žๆฌก(ใ‚„ใ˜)ใ‚’้ฃ›(ใจ)ใฐใ™ = to jeer at. Another verb is ้‡Žๆฌก(ใ‚„ใ˜)ใ‚‹. First two Kanji are also recognized in ้‡Žๆฌก้ฆฌ(ใ‚„ใ˜ใ†ใพ) (= curious onlookers).
  • ้‰ขๅˆ(ใฏใกใ‚)ใ‚ใ›ใ‚‹ = to bump into; to encounter by chance
  • ่‰ฒ(ใ„ใ‚)ใ‚ใ็ซ‹(ใŸ)ใค = to grow lively; to be energized
  • ๆทฑๆ‰‹(ใตใ‹ใง)ใ‚’่ฒ (ใŠ)ใ† = to sustain a severe (mortal) wound
  • ไพ(ใฏใน)ใ‚‹ = to serve. No Furigana. Maybe I have seen the word before. First Kanji is ไพ(ใ•ใ‚€ใ‚‰ใ„).
  • ไธ€็†(ใ„ใกใ‚Š)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to have a point in that
  • ๅทฆๆง˜(ใ•ใ‚ˆใ†) = just like that; Thatโ€™s right
  • ๅ›ž(ใพใ‚)ใ‚Œๅณ(ใฟใŽ) = right about face; turning back 180 degrees.
  • ็‰ฉ่ฆ‹ๆซ“(ใ‚‚ใฎใฟใ‚„ใใ‚‰) = watchtower. ๆซ“(ใ‚„ใใ‚‰) is a watchtower of a fort; from a warehouse (ๅ€‰(ใใ‚‰)) to stock arrows (็Ÿข(ใ‚„)).
  • ็Œ›่€…(ใ‚‚ใ•) = a tough fighter. No Furigana, but I have a hunchโ€ฆ Itโ€™s an old forgotten vocabulary with exceptional reading.
  • ๆ‰€ไฝœ(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ•) = movement; behavior
  • ่ช‡็คบ(ใ“ใ˜) = ostentatious display; display of confidence. First Kanji from ่ช‡(ใปใ“)ใ‚‹.
  • ้บพไธ‹(ใใ‹) = under commands of. Has Furigana. Perhaps ้บพ feel like commandeering, with an army flag fluttering in the wind (้ก(ใชใณ)ใ).
  • ๅฏตๆ„›(ใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ‚ใ„) = favor. Probably being under the same roof of a dragon (้พ) is just being a favorite.
  • ไผดๅฅ(ใฐใ‚“ใใ†) = musical accompaniment; playing an accompaniment
  • ๏ฝž้šป(ใ›ใ) = counter of ships (large boats). I mentioned about ๏ฝž่‰˜(ใใ†) the other day; while of course I am more used to the former (just forgot).
  • ไฟ‚็•™(ใ‘ใ„ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†) = mooring; taking a rope to hold a boat in place (also advertising balloons). The equipment is ่ˆซ(ใ‚‚ใ‚„)ใ„, perhaps.
  • ่ทฏ่‚ฉ(ใ‚ใ‹ใŸ) = shoulder of a round (on a mountain; cliff)
  • ้ซฃ้ซด(ใปใ†ใตใค) = close resemblance / vivid recollection = ๅฝทๅฝฟ(ใปใ†ใตใค). Only if I remember the sound / Kanaโ€ฆ
  • ไบ”ๆœˆไบบๅฝข(ใ”ใŒใคใซใ‚“ใŽใ‚‡ใ†) = Boyโ€™s May Festival Dolls. In context alongside ้››ไบบๅฝข(ใฒใชใซใ‚“ใŽใ‚‡ใ†).
  • ้ง„ๆณ•่žบ(ใ ใผใ‚‰) = bragging; bullshit. A big ๆณ•่žบ(ใปใ‚‰). Has Furigana.
  • ๆก†(ใ‹ใพใก) = frame sections of the door or window that provide most of its structural integrity. Has Furigana.
  • ่‡ฅ่–ชๅ˜—่ƒ†(ใŒใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใŸใ‚“) = going through hardship to attain objectives (vengeance). Has Furigana. Third Kanji also in ๅ˜—(ใ‹ใค)ใฆ.
  • ๆฒˆๆ€้ป™่€ƒ(ใกใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‚ใฃใ“ใ†) = being lost in deep thought
18 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

March 14th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 18.17% // Volume III: 4.49% :volleyball:

Words found under the kotatsu

ๆฆŠใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใ€ใƒผ Sakaki (sacred Shinto tree)
ไธป่ณ“ใ€Œใ—ใ‚…ใฒใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Main guest; guest of honour

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 1562

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

Volume III: 1562 - 15??
(Currently 1562/3)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father (previous leader of the Oda Clan)

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Wife
( โ€“ โ€“ ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father)
( โ€“ โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Younger sister)

Military Commanders
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก็››ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใ ใ•ใ ใ€
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€
่…ๅฑ‹ ้•ท้ ผใ€Œใ™ใŒใ‚„ ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€

Matsudaira Clan
ๆพๅนณ ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Leader of the Matsudaira Clan

Military Commanders
็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€
้…’ไบ• ๅฟ ๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใŸใ ใคใใ€

17 Likes

Although actually I kinda forgot about the pole since looking out the drive-thru window, it just looks like itโ€™s leaning slightly to the left, you canโ€™t see it leaning toward the shop at all. It was really only Saturday after the other one came down that I realized it coulda been the one in front of the shop and that coulda been bad

I guess itโ€™s good being dumb sometimes because every time itโ€™s real windy I get anxiety that the pecan tree right outside my bedroom window will fall on me, even knowing full well itโ€™s leaning away from the house so if it does come down on anyone itโ€™s likely to be the across-the-street neighbors (though actually I dunno if itโ€™s tall enough to do any damage to their house itself), so Iโ€™m surprised this didnโ€™t give me anxiety too

10 Likes

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :four_leaf_clover: ๏ผ“ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ”ๆ—ฅ :four_leaf_clover: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: (Home Post Link)

I am still slowly working through Teaching and Researching Reading (Grabe & Stoller). Itโ€™s pretty comprehensive and I keep getting distracted by the studies theyโ€™re talking about :laughing: and in one of the chapters on L2 reading research, they mention the results of this study https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1362168809341508 (not open access, sorry :sob:) that tried to control for differences in exposure time between intensive and extensive reading programs. As a side effect of readers being able to choose what they wanted to read in the extensive reading groups, they also measured what kinds of books people were reading relative to their starting measured reading level and they found something super super super super surprising that I thought might be interesting to people in this thread (they mention using graded readers, but that means something a little different for EFL classrooms than most other languages):

It really does seem to be as long as you are reading, pretty much no matter what it is, no matter how hard or easy it is for your level, you are still getting benefits that are at least in the same ballpark. So read what you enjoy reading and what you want to read!

Read:

• ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 37

Word of the Day:
็Ÿญๅ†Šใ€ŒใŸใ‚“ใ–ใใ€ใƒผ tanzaku; long, narrow strip of paper on which Japanese poems are written (vertically)โ€‹

23 Likes

March 13 :heavy_check_mark: :cityscape:

ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด , 80-94%

March 14 :heavy_check_mark: :cityscape: :droplet:

ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด , 94 - end
ๆฐดใŸใพใ‚Šใงๆฏใ‚’ใ™ใ‚‹ , 23-31%

I finished ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด today! This makes it the second book to finish this month, and the 8th book to finish this year.

I liked it a lot. It describes a world not so far removed from ours, and poses some quite difficult questions. With each chapter following a different character, we get the opportunity to look at this world from various angles, and through a different set of values each time. Language-wise, it was mostly straightforward, but the included news articles and some philosophical ruminations upped the difficulty quite a lot at times. Itโ€™s interesting that it took me 14 (non-consecutive) days to read it, exactly as long as ๅŠ่ฝใก, another rather difficult book but for different reasons.

Then today I also continued reading ๆฐดใŸใพใ‚Šใงๆฏใ‚’ใ™ใ‚‹ a little. Iโ€™m detecting some possible echoes of ๅœฐ็ƒๆ˜Ÿไบบ in the themes itโ€™s exploring, but itโ€™s still early. Curious to see where it goes from here.

I love this, and it confirms what Iโ€™ve observed in myself. Reading gives me a feel for the language and the way it works. It doesnโ€™t matter if itโ€™s easy or hard, full of unknown vocabulary or a walk in the park. Any reading increases exposure, and exposure helps the brain make and solidify connections, and even start, very tentatively, sometimes think in the target language, even for a little bit. But then I love reading anyway, so Iโ€™d be doing it even if it wasnโ€™t so beneficial. :grin:

21 Likes

And thatโ€™s really the trick! The authors of both this study and a few others on reading motivation have all mentioned that even if really rigorous intensive reading ends up working better than extensive reading in some capacities (which current research seems to indicate is not the case), extensive reading might still be more effective in the long run because it turns out that if you let people enjoy reading what they want to readโ€ฆ they just end up reading more!

Itโ€™s actually a problem in some studies for comparing intensive and extensive reading: when they introduce l2 learners to strategies for independent extensive reading, some students end up enjoying it so much they just go home and keep reading! Great for their learning, but not so great for getting metrics to compare the two different reading strategies :laughing:

16 Likes

March 14th!

Today I read Chapter 32 of Orange. I might need to reread the last few pages though, because my cat came to sit on me and went to sleep while I was reading, and it made me really sleepy - so Iโ€™m not sure I fully took in those last few pages!

(Home Post)

18 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

March 14th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
-

ไธๅฏ่งฃ(ใตใ‹ใ‹ใ„)ใชใผใใฎใ™ในใฆใ‚’ 2
-

ๅญฃ็ฏ€(ใใ›ใค)ใ‚’ๆ„‰(ใŸใฎ)ใ—ใ‚€366ๆ—ฅ(ใŸใฎใ—ใ‚€)
3/15

Yesterday was long in a good way, but I ran out of time to read. I did get a page of seasons though! Although I forget what it said lmao

18 Likes

Iโ€™m trying to finish this weekโ€™s reading of ไธƒๅ›žๆญปใ‚“ใ ็”ท but itโ€™s so. incredibly. boring.

How can reading about two people plotting to make a natural death look like a murder be so dull? Iโ€™m probably going to end up skimming the rest. I think if this werenโ€™t a book club book I would have chucked it already. Thankfully only 40ish pages left in the book overall.

Iโ€™m honestly excited to be done with both this and ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€ใ‚‚ใฎใฏ (although Iโ€™m enjoying that one!) because it will free up time for me to read whatever I want :sparkles: Book clubs are fun, but thereโ€™s something to be said for choosing a book to fit my mood.

20 Likes

Home

Itโ€™s Pi Day! Did not have any pie today, but for lunch I did have porcupine balls (made with beef and rice, and covered with tomato sauce), which are more or less spherical, so that sort of counts?

• ๅˆๆ‹ใ‚ณใƒณใƒใƒƒใƒˆ (kagehina DJ) It was hilarious and also adorable
  • 37 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 226. Very close to finishing ch 3! Itโ€™s killing me not to finish it, so Iโ€™m gonna stay up long enough to read those last 3 pages (they just wonโ€™t count for today since itโ€™s midnight already). This book just keeps getting more interesting!
  • ใญใ“ๅณถ็‰ฉ่ชž
17 Likes

March 14 :snowflake: Home Post

A bit busy again today, but still got in some more BU$TAFELLOWS! Itโ€™s been interesting to find out more about Shuu, I have many questions :eyes:

18 Likes

Mar 15, Wed of Week 12 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

• ๅคขๅๅคœ Night 7-8

• ใ†ใ‚‰ใ‚‰่ฟท่ทฏๅธ– Vol.2 (39-47%)

Words of the day
  • ใ‚ธใƒชใ‚ธใƒช(.) = (on-mim) bit-by-bit; little-by-little / sizzling; irritatingly
  • ใ‚ฐใƒชใ‚ฐใƒช(.) = (on-mim) grinding against / rolling (eyes) / hard lump under the skin.
  • ๏ฝžใƒขใƒ‰ใ‚ญ = -like. A mind (ๆฐ—(ใ)) that makes me return (ๆˆป(ใ‚‚ใฉ)ใ‚‹)? Somewhat similar include ไผผ้ž(ใˆใ›)๏ฝž and ็–‘ไผผ(ใŽใ˜)๏ฝž.
  • ใ“ใใฐใ‚†ใ„ = ticklish; awkward. Something like ใ“ใ™ใ‚Š + ็—’(ใ‹ใ‚†)ใ„?
  • ใ‚ใ‚Šใ“ใ‚€ = to sink in; to get caught in = ๆธ›(ใ‚)ใ‚Š่พผ(ใ“)ใ‚€. Nothing related to Merry Christmas.
  • ๅ›ƒ(ใฏใ‚„)ใ™ = to play an accompaniment. Has Furigana. I confused the Kanji with ใŠไผฝๅ™บ(ใจใŽใฐใชใ—) (= ใŠใจใŽ่ฉฑ(ใฐใชใ—)).
  • ๆ”ป(ใ›)ใ‚ใ‚ใใญใ‚‹ = to be a loss of how to be offensive. ๏ฝžใ‚ใใญใ‚‹ appears to be a grammar point.
  • ไธ€้จ’ๅ‹•(ใฒใจใใ†ใฉใ†) = a trouble
  • ่˜‡ๆž‹(ใ™ใŠใ†) = sappan wood; Indian redwood; เธเธฒเธ‡ / dark-red color = ่˜‡่Šณ(ใ™ใŠใ†). Has Furigana. Painted on a ship :passenger_ship: in context.
  • ่…ฐๅทพ็€(ใ“ใ—ใŽใ‚“ใกใ‚ƒใ) = a follower. ๅทพ็€(ใใ‚“ใกใ‚ƒใ) is a hand purse (and can also mean ่…ฐๅทพ็€), while ใ‚คใ‚ฝใ‚ฎใƒณใƒใƒฃใ‚ฏ is sea anemone (็ฃฏ(ใ„ใ) = rocky sea shore).
  • ๅฃซๆฐ—(ใ—ใ) = morale (of a troop)
  • ๆฉ‹้ ญๅ ก(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใจใ†ใป) = bridgehead, a position in enemy area to land an army. Has Furigana.
  • ๆœฌ้™ฃ(ใปใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚“) = troop headquarters
  • ๅน•่ˆŽ(ใฐใใ—ใ‚ƒ) = barracks. First Kanji uses the same reading as in ๅน•ๅบœ(ใฐใใต).
  • ๆต(ใใญ) = a mallet to pound mochi; a pestle. Has Furigana. A pestle? I think of ไนณๆฃ’(ใซใ‚…ใ†ใผใ†) or ๆ“‚(ใ™)ใ‚Š็ฒ‰ๆœจ(ใ“ใŽ) first.
    • Also presented with a verb, ๆ—(ใค)ใ = to pound soft things, e.g. mochi (้ค…(ใ‚‚ใก)). Has Furigana.
  • ๅ–‡ๅญ(ใ‚‰ใฃใฑ) = trumpet, a brass wind musical instrument. Has Furigana.
  • ็ฅ่ฉž(ใฎใ‚Šใจ) = (reciting of) a prayer. Has Furigana.
17 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

March 15th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 18.47% // Volume III: 7.67% :shower:

I discovered the ultimate creation in all of food today: chocolate mochi with ganache filling.

I had meant to eat one and save the other for later, butโ€ฆ that didnโ€™t happen.

Words found under the kotatsu

็„ก็†ๆŠผใ—ใ€Œใ‚€ใ‚ŠใŠใ—ใ€ใƒผ Pushing through; doing something by force; bulldozing
้›ฃๆธ‹ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€ใƒผ Hardship; distress; suffering; misery
่‡จๆฉŸๅฟœๅค‰ใ€Œใ‚Šใ‚“ใใŠใ†ใธใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Playing it by ear; adapting to the situation at hand

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 1562

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

Volume III: 1562 - 15??
(Currently 1562/3)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father (previous leader of the Oda Clan)

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Wife
( โ€“ โ€“ ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father)
( โ€“ โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Younger sister)

Military Commanders
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก็››ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใ ใ•ใ ใ€
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€
่…ๅฑ‹ ้•ท้ ผใ€Œใ™ใŒใ‚„ ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€
็น”็”ฐ ๅบƒ่‰ฏใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฒใ‚ใ‚ˆใ—ใ€(cousin to Nobunaga)

Matsudaira Clan
ๆพๅนณ ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Leader of the Matsudaira Clan

Military Commanders
็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€
้…’ไบ• ๅฟ ๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใŸใ ใคใใ€

@windupbird - happy birthday! :tada: :raccoon: :tada:

17 Likes