๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

February 28th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
-

ไธๅฏ่งฃ(ใตใ‹ใ‹ใ„)ใชใผใใฎใ™ในใฆใ‚’ 1
23 - 47

My deadlines are approaching at work and I think Iโ€™m on time. Hopefully that means Iโ€™ll have more time for reading soon.

ไธๅฏ่งฃ(ใตใ‹ใ‹ใ„) did get a bit better, so Iโ€™m even more hopefully now with encouragement from the folks who have already read it. I also like that it doesnโ€™t have furigana. It feels like a more real test of my reading skills.

24 Likes

February 28 :snowflake: Home Post

A pretty neutral day for the technical end of the challenge; I played some more Steins;Gate and made it through the wall of science terminology I was in the middle of :joy: some things are very consistent across spike chunsoft games haha. Back to the Future appeared yet again today, though not by name this time :laughing:

Anyway Iโ€™ll be sticking around for the next month like usual, so no big wrap-up post for now. I might do some reflection in the next couple of days if the mood strikes, but otherwise Iโ€™ll see you guys in March and/or the next challenge! :grin:

23 Likes

February 28 :heavy_check_mark: :cityscape:

ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด , 51-59%

I really wanted to finish the chapter yesterday, and have the day free for ๅŠ่ฝใก today, but sleep is important too.

February Recap

This month didnโ€™t go as well as I hoped, but it did have its highlights. I finished 3 books, and made good progress in two others. I missed two days of reading, but I had a day when I read 72 pages, and another when I read 124, both a record for me. I read a total of 805 pages this month, which seems little next to Januaryโ€™s 1110, but still not bad at all.

24 Likes

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 28

Read 2 chapters of ใ‚ชใƒฌใƒณใ‚ธ for the club.

The challenge is over!! This time I happily didnโ€™t miss any days, irl stuff not being crazy really helps in that department.
During this challenge I read ใƒฆใƒผใ‚ธใƒ‹ใ‚ข, which was a decently big book for me, I finished the ้’ใฎใƒ•ใƒฉใƒƒใ‚ฐ manga series and followed the ใ‚ชใƒฌใƒณใ‚ธ club, started but dropped ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ and Iโ€™ve been following along the BU$TAFELLOWS club which has been lots of fun. Mi goals for the near future are to keep up with the clubs Iโ€™m in (B$, Orange, IBC) and go back to reading ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›ใช็ตๅฉš which I stopped reading because of life getting a bit crazy.

Right now I have the energy to keep reading every day but I know from experience itโ€™s better for me to take this month a bit less strictly even if in practice I read basically every day, so I can come back stronger in the next challenge. Iโ€™ll still be reading everyoneโ€™s updates in March since I love the motivation!

Good challenge everyone!

21 Likes

Wow the Winter challenge is over, what a ride!

Iโ€™m glad to report that I read a total of 16 manga volumes. 2 per week. Didnโ€™t miss a single day and created a nice reading habit.

Looking forward to a Spring version if anyone else is up to. In any case Iโ€™ll just keep tracking my reading habit on Learn Natively and my personal Study log here in the forums, in form of Read Everyday Challenge - Spring Edition.

23 Likes

February

Home Post

Pages read:

This month I read 617 pages in slightly over 60 hours, at a pace of 10.1 pages per hour.
Total: 1514 pages read, 8486 pages to go.
Unfortunately I did not read as much as I planned to in order to reach my goal of 10,000 pages, so the daily average increased to 28 pages going forward.

Finished books:

• :pirate_flag: Flesh&Blood Vol. 11 (with the F&B club; finished Feb 3rd)
  • :pirate_flag: Flesh&Blood Bonus Material for Vol. 6 (with the F&B club; finished Feb 10th)
  • :pirate_flag: Flesh&Blood Bonus Material for Vol. 8 (with the F&B club; finished Feb 23rd)

Abandoned books:

• :books: ย  ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ (with the ABC)

Ongoing books:

• :sleeping_bed: ย  ๅคขๅๅคœ by ๅค็›ฎ่’ผ็Ÿณ (for the literature circle)
  • :waning_gibbous_moon: ย  1Q84 Book 1.2 (with the 1Q84 book club)
  • :cityscape: ย  ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด (with the Compulsive Readers club)
  • :pirate_flag: ย  Flesh&Blood Bonus Material for Vol. 9 (with the F&B club)
  • :cat2: ย  ไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ (my new sauna book)
28 Likes

Mar 1, Wed of Week 10 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

Extra-content pages increase. Expecting to know secrets of MC now.

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.8 Ch.36-40 + extra (whole volume)
Words of the day
  • ใ‹ใ„ใคใพใ‚“ใง = summing up. From the verb ๆŽป(ใ‹)ใ„ๆ‘˜(ใคใพ)ใ‚€.
  • ใŒใ‚‰ใ‚“ใจ(.) = (on-mim) empty; deserted
  • ใ‚บใƒฉใ‹ใ‚‹(.) = to run away; to flee
  • ใ“ใ˜้–‹(ใ‚)ใ‘ใ‚‹ = to wrench open = ๆŠ‰(ใ“)ใ˜้–‹(ใ‚)ใ‘ใ‚‹
  • ใผใŸ้ค…(ใ‚‚ใก) = adzuki bean covered mochi = ็‰กไธน้ค…(ใผใŸใ‚‚ใก). Seems to be similar to ใŠ่ฉ(ใฏใŽ).
  • ๆ™ดใ€…(ใฏใ‚Œใฐใ‚Œ) = cheerful. As expected, ใ‚Œ can be collapsed to Kanji.
  • ็ˆช็ ”(ใคใ‚ใจ)ใŽ = claw sharping; scratching nails on a post
  • ๆŠ˜(ใŠ)ใ‚Šๅ…ฅ(ใ„)ใฃใฆ = earnestly (beg for)
  • ๅฟƒ(ใ“ใ“ใ‚)ใ‚†ใใพใง = to oneโ€™s heartโ€™s content
  • ๅพ’ๅŠด(ใจใ‚ใ†) = fruitless efforts
  • ๅค‰(ใ‹)ใ‚ใ‚Š่€…(ใ‚‚ใฎ) = an oddball. Not yet in the past as ๅค‰(ใ‹)ใ‚ใฃใŸ?
  • ๅ„ฒ(ใ‚‚ใ†)ใ‘็‰ฉ(ใ‚‚ใฎ) = a godsend; an unexpected benefit
  • ๆ™ด(ใฏ)ใ‚Œ็€(ใŽ) = oneโ€™s best clothes
  • ้ฆญ่€…(ใŽใ‚‡ใ—ใ‚ƒ) = postilion; coachman; horse cart driver = ๅพก่€…(ใŽใ‚‡ใ—ใ‚ƒ). The Kanji ้ฆญ(ใŽใ‚‡) seems to be replaceable with ๅพก(ใŽใ‚‡).
  • ๆตชๆผซ(ใ‚ใ†ใพใ‚“) = romance; romantism; great undertaking = ใƒญใƒžใƒณ
  • ๅฐ็ฑ (ใ„ใ‚“ใ‚ใ†) = pill box. Second Kanji is ็ฑ (ใ‹ใ”) (= basket).
  • ้‡‘็ฎ”(ใใ‚“ใฑใ) = gold foil; gold leaf. ็ฎ”(ใฏใ) itself is foil, e.g. ใ‚ขใƒซใƒŸ็ฎ”(ใฏใ).
  • ็ฟ’(ใชใ‚‰)ใ‚ใ— = customary practice = ใ—ใใŸใ‚Š
  • ่ฆชๅญ่กŒ(ใŠใ‚„ใ“ใ†ใ“ใ†) = filial piety
  • ๆŸ”ๅ’Œ(ใซใ‚…ใ†ใ‚) = gentle; tender. I thought of ใ‚ธใƒฅใ‚ฆ first, as in ๆŸ”้“(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใฉใ†).
  • ๆป…็›ธ(ใ‚ใฃใใ†)ใ‚‚ใชใ„ = thatโ€™s out of question; absurd / donโ€™t mention it = ใจใ‚“ใงใ‚‚ใชใ„.
  • ไธ้“ๅพณ(ใตใฉใ†ใจใ) = impropriety; immorality
  • ๅ‹˜ๅฝ“(ใ‹ใ‚“ใฉใ†) = disowning. Yeah, it sounds like ๆ„Ÿๅ‹•(ใ‹ใ‚“ใฉใ†) (= being moved emotionally).
  • ๆฐธไน…(ใจใ“ใ—ใˆ) = eternity. Has Furigana, indicating the reading (besides ใˆใ„ใใ‚…ใ† and ใจใ‚). Also, dedicated JJ dictionary entry. I might have seen both readings somewhere before, ใจใ“ใจใ‚“ and ใ„ใซใ—ใˆ perhaps.
  • ็›ฎๆ˜Ÿ(ใ‚ใผใ—) = objective; goal. Also on a map in context. In contrast, ๅ›ณๆ˜Ÿ(ใšใผใ—) would also be right on the mark.
  • ้ก่กŒ(ใใ“ใ†) = going upstream; sailing against the current. Has Furigana. First Kanji is ้ก(ใ•ใ‹ใฎใผ)ใ‚‹.
  • ๅœŸ็Ÿณๆต(ใฉใ›ใใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†) = landslide; avalanche. Last two Kanji switched is ๆต็Ÿณ(ใ•ใ™ใŒ).
  • ่ฝ็Ÿณ(ใ‚‰ใใ›ใ) = rockslide
  • ็ฏ ็ช(ใ—ใฎใค)ใ้›จ(ใ‚ใ‚) = a torrential rain. Rain that can pass through a sheet of ็ฏ (ใ—ใฎ) (= bamboo grass). Other readings of the first Kanji include ใ•ใ•, both seen in names.
  • ๅƒ้ณฅ่ถณ(ใกใฉใ‚Šใ‚ใ—) = drunken staggering gait. First two Kanji is ๅƒ้ณฅ(ใกใฉใ‚Š) = plover, a kind of bird.
  • ไธ‡ๅš(ใฐใ‚“ใฑใ) = international exposition; world fair = ไธ‡ๅ›ฝๅš่ฆงไผš(ใฐใ‚“ใ“ใใฏใใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ‹ใ„)
  • ๅคง้“่Šธ(ใ ใ„ใฉใ†ใ’ใ„) = street performance
  • ่กๆ’ƒ(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ) = impact, can be emotionally too (being moved emotionally)
  • ่ƒธ(ใ‚€ใญ)ใ‚’ๆ‰“(ใ†)ใค = to be touching; to be moved emotionally

Winter Challenge Wrap-up

• 1.7 manga series completed [1]
  • 1 book with audiobook, read thoroughly [2]
  • VN almost ended of 1 series, perhaps. [3]

To me, I made it to the Challenge everyday to make sure I make a progress in collecting vocabularies and reading sentences carefully (where I canโ€™t yet do well with listening). Also, I need a place to write down vocabularies. Keeping vocabularies as original as much as appropriate, but meanings and interpretations are of my own.

Habit making first, I may say. I donโ€™t really dump difficulty to this one, because not really my focus, so not a place to put too excessive energy. But I learnt a lot of vocabularies, remembering many of them too.

I thank you @windupbird for hosting this Every Day challenge as always. (1 ยฝ years already?) Also, @Redglare for starting the first.

• ใฏใŸใ‚‰ใ็ดฐ่ƒž Black [8/8]
    • ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ [7/10]
    โ†ฉ๏ธŽ
    • ใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚นใฎใ†ใ•ใŽ
    โ†ฉ๏ธŽ
  1. ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ (around 60 hours) โ†ฉ๏ธŽ

21 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

March 1st
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 14.37% // Volume II: 62.69% :crossed_swords:

Congrats to everyone who participated this time, itโ€™s been great to see how much progress everyone has made!

Hope to see you guys in the next one, until then, ้ ‘ๅผตใฃใฆ my March friends :raccoon:

Words found under the kotatsu

ๆตทๆฒฟใ„ใ€Œใ†ใฟใžใ„ใ€ใƒผ Seashore; coast; coastland
็„ก้€ ไฝœใ€Œใ‚€ใžใ†ใ•ใ€ใƒผ Easy; simple; off-hand; easy-going

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1561)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Soldier
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

20 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 59: February 28th :umbrella:

spacer:scream: ๅค่ฆ‹ใ•ใ‚“ใฏใ€ใ‚ณใƒŸใƒฅ็—‡ใงใ™ใ€‚ Volume 1 (10% โžจ 26%)

Two-Month Progress

Completed volumes (in alphabetic order):

Partially completed volumes:

22 Likes

Well, first month went okayish until it didnโ€™t but second month was not really good but overall still better than usual. But itโ€™s always like that for me haha. Though I think it definitely helped me read more. Iโ€™ll try to continue pushing myself more.

I did finish Spirit Circle but still not Yoichi lol but Iโ€™m close.
46/59 days, hoping to get more in the next challenge :v:

21 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // March 1

ใƒปใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ (7% โ†’ 9%)

Finished week 1 of book club (almost wrote chapter 1 but thatโ€™s not quite right).

23 Likes

March 1st (Day 60) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

1Q84 Book 1 ๅพŒ็ทจ (29 - 33%)

Decided to take it easy and only read the first half of chapter 16 today :3

21 Likes

Day 58
I finished Tsugumomo vol.6 and started Little Busters End of Refrain vol.1. The manga is harder than expected, that of course only means that I will need to get used to the difficulty. Having watched the Little Busters anime I already know the story but itโ€™s still interesting reading the manga.

4112 pages read

17 Likes

Wonโ€™t have to wait long!
Screenshot 2023-03-01 162319

17 Likes

unholy screeching noises
THATโ€™S MY BIRTHDAY :sob: :sob: :sob: BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER

20 Likes

March 1st!

Today I read the next two chapters of Orange. They were both very sweet.
Iโ€™ve really going to miss this series once its over (Though I do have the light novelsโ€ฆ so I might read those soon too!).

(Home Post)

18 Likes

Does the sauna not mess up the book/electronics???

6 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

March 1st

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
-

ไธๅฏ่งฃ(ใตใ‹ใ‹ใ„)ใชใผใใฎใ™ในใฆใ‚’ 1
48 - 58

I worked overtime and then the club met and I hadnโ€™t finished the reading (1st 3 chapters) on time :face_with_peeking_eye:. It was a fun discussion though and half of the participants like me had only finished the 1st chapter. We talked for a long time.

Iโ€™m continuing the challenge without break as usual!

18 Likes

Home

• ใ‚ขใ‚ฟใƒƒใ‚ฏ!! vol 4. The captain of the first school they face is the libero?? Thatโ€™s illegal?? Unless the rules changed after 2007. I was thinking, โ€œGranted, the libero can be the club captain, they just canโ€™t be the team captain, and while most teams wonโ€™t bother with having two captains, that doesnโ€™t mean that none do,โ€ but! His uniformโ€™s got the captainโ€™s mark under the number! He is absolutely the team captain, as I suspected by their calling him โ€œใ‚ญใƒฃใƒ—ใƒ†ใƒณโ€! But this series is also saying that โ€œsuper aceโ€ is an alternate name for the right wing spiker/opposite hitter, so, sure, letโ€™s roll with it. I doubt itโ€™ll clear anything up regarding whether the libero used to able to be the team captain, but I think the next v-ball series I read will be Libero Revolutionโ€ฆ
  • some ใญใ“ๅณถ็‰ฉ่ชž
First time I've seen the furigana "underneath" the text:

Though not the first time Iโ€™ve seen furigana used to show meaning rather than what was actually saidโ€”that was in parentheses too, though still โ€œaboveโ€ the text.

And then thereโ€™s this one where itโ€™s got both:

(He says โ€œF3,โ€ meaning โ€œFormation 3โ€)

Some vocab of note:

ใŠใ‚ใคใ‚‰ใˆๅ‘ใ [n., ใฎ-adj.] perfect; just right; ideal
ๅบ•ๅŠ› (ใใ“ใขใ‹ใ‚‰) [n.] hidden reserves of strength; latent energy; potentiality; real strength
ๆ‰‹่ฒ ใ„ (ใฆใŠใ„) [n., ใฎ-adj.] wounded; injured
่ฆ‹ใ‹ใ‘ๅ€’ใ— (ใฟใ‹ใ‘ใ ใŠใ—) [n., ใช-adj.] false impression; deceptive appearance; mere show
ๆฐ—ๅœงใ•ใ‚Œใ‚‹ (ใ‘ใŠใ•ใ‚Œใ‚‹) [่‡ชไธ€] to be overawed; to be overpowered; to lose the mental battle

17 Likes

I decided to take a little break from book clubs (Iโ€™ll need to resume tomorrow) and read more of ่ŠฑๆŸใฏๆฏ’. Itโ€™s seeming more adult as I go on - when I started it felt almost like a young adult novel? I think itโ€™s somewhere in between. Not quite YA, but just a little too tropey to feel like itโ€™s totally out of that genre.

Iโ€™m enjoying it either way. Right now itโ€™s getting a little dark, curious to see how far it goes.

edit: oh, also, @omk3 I keep seeing this person on Bookmeter and thinking itโ€™s you but their read books are wrong and their bio also suggests itโ€™s not you :joy:

19 Likes