πŸ“šπŸ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 β˜ƒβ„

Read :clap: Every :clap: Day :clap: Challenge :clap: Winter :clap: 2023 :clap: Review :clap:

ALRIGHT! Last day of the challenge! So here’s my goals from the start of this challenge and my thoughts, views, ideas, and self-criticism of my performance for this seasons challenge.

Goals Completed for this Challenge :trophy: :white_check_mark:

• :white_check_mark: Focus on quality reading rather than quantity.
  • :white_check_mark: Read harder books (Natively lvl 35-40)
  • :negative_squared_cross_mark: Finish 3 or 4 books

Focus on quality reading rather than quantity.

So this was a point for me that I felt in previous challenges I was just rushing to finish. I think overall, I did achieve this goal. 青ブタ12 was the only book I had finished during the challenge, but it was a good training run for stopping myself from reading just to finish and enjoy the story. I think ultimately when I moved to Re:Zero, I felt that I was less focused on getting to the end and more focused on enjoying my reading experience, which is ultimately why I dropped it and moved on to manga for a bit.

β€œBut WaniTsunami, look at all the manga you read in these two months!”

Yes, Internal Dialogue Guy, I did get into a habit of reading manga daily when I was searching for the next book to get my attention. While I did get a lot of manga reading done, I was enjoying the time I was reading and finishing by the end day was just kind of a bonus. I think I really needed that time to remember how much I enjoyed reading, because Re:Zero 16 was just too slow for me at the end of the day.

After I got into reading ε€œγ―ηŸ­γ—ζ­©γ‘γ‚ˆδΉ™ε₯³ I found myself back and reading books again and the quality of my reading time rose sharply, but unfortunately with the sharp rise came an equally sharp fall, which I hope to get back to at a later challenge.

Read harder books (Natively lvl 35-40)

I achieved this with Re:Zero and ε€œγ―ηŸ­γ—ζ­©γ‘γ‚ˆδΉ™ε₯³. Despite not finishing, I had gotten pretty deep into both progress wise, with Re:Zero at around 65% completion and ε€œγ―ηŸ­γ—ζ­©γ‘γ‚ˆδΉ™ε₯³ around 47% completion.

Finish 3 or 4 books

The fact this is a green box with an β€œx” in it feels very appropriate. If I could do it over again, I would have gotten rid of this goal, because it spit in the face of my first goal. I did finish a considerable amount of manga so I did technically achieve this, but I was speaking about books not comic books. That’s really all I got to say about that.

Looking Forward

I am pretty good about getting reading practice in every day. It’s a habit I have had for a few years now, and I think with this challenge I need to set goals around completing a couple books and kind of do what I want on the side. I think if I set up my goals this way I can kind of change what it means to read every day for me. With the Advanced Book club picking ε››η•³εŠη₯žθ©±ε€§η³» being the next book, I want to finish that and possibly return to ε€œγ―ηŸ­γ—ζ­©γ‘γ‚ˆδΉ™ε₯³. Those 2 books are on my Japanese reading bucket lists and I am hellbent on finishing them this year.

Overall I am pretty happy with my results. I read 16 manga and 1 light novel, and started Steins;Gate and Chainsaw Man Buddy Stories. I am gonna enjoy the March break and probably just do my thing. It was fun updating you guys daily about my progress and I am happy some of you looked forward to my posts, that motivated me a lot at the end even though I couldn’t get the 3-4 book goal reached. Thanks for watching my journey and can’t wait for the Spring 2023 challenge! See you there!

25 Likes