📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

:snowflake: Day 44, 13th of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

Oh wow there is lots more text on today’s page then on previous ones. I’ll do my best!

We learn the name of another city: Nerobi, where a sales person (not the person manning the bar!) comes from. I was a bit lost here, I couldn’t quite parse whether it was this person that was selling tool and buying fish, or if that is something the city is known for. I’m assuming the person, because to indicate the city you would add more paricles to clarify the subject? Maybe??

Apparently no traders come here anymore because the Kiruma village is dangerous. But this particular trader wants to go there, because without competitors the price of wares will go up!

The next sentence I couldn’t parse at all, not even with ichi.moe’s help. It seperated parts strangely and put in two question particles in the middle of the sentence?

Anyway, here's my attempt at figuring out how to even segment this sentence

みんな が (なに)で こんなに (おそ)れている かわかって います か?
みんな が: subject, everyone or everything
(なに)で: adverb, why?
こんなに: adverb, like this
(おそ)れて: conjunctive て of fear, so probably forms a compund with いる = to be afraid
かわかって: ??? without the か infront it could be 分かって maybe?
います: that’s just formal いる
か: question particle, pretty sure it’s the only one in this sentence

I think the knight asks the trader if they know what there is that everyone is afraid of.

Aaaaa I’m done. This was a lot. It is way too late. I wanted to go to bed half an hour ago!!!

19 Likes