📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

Summary post

Day 2: January 2nd
What did I read?: 夜の名前を呼んで Vol 3
How much did I read?: 20 pages
How long did it take me?: 41 min

This chapter was a ride :joy: Mira finds this old locket that Rei hid away - it has a mirror inside, and if you look into the eyes of your reflection in the mirror, a locket demon takes over your body and does whatever it wants looking like you. Obviously this is not ideal :joy:

Minor spoilers and major gushing

Rei is like…so sincerely concerned by this locket demon, I love him I feel like I say this about everything he does LMAO but I do, I love him :pleading_face: To him, I feel like it’s justified, because it sounds like he had a bad experience with the locket demon in his youth, poor babe :broken_heart: Side note but baby Rei is absolutely adorable, look at him

But like…in reality, the locket demon doesn’t really do much of anything except mess with him specifically, like from Rei’s reaction I expected some sort of diabolical mastermind or evil incarnate but instead we get this on the next page:

:joy: I mean I guess how much can a locket demon really do in the body of a little girl but still, it never even got outside xD I still feel bad for Rei though, he did not have a good time this chapter, his emotional distress was very real :heart:

Replies!

I wish I had an answer because this is such a mood :confounded: The struggle to prevent work from overtaking everything (either time-wise or energy-wise) is real. Congrats on your new job though! Hope everything goes well :slight_smile:

It has, it is back :eyes: I mean, he’s just…there, looking like that and being like that, like what am I supposed to do xD

28 Likes