๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Jan 29, Sun of Week 5 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใฏใŸใ‚‰ใ็ดฐ่ƒž Black Vol.5 Ch.31+extra (end volume) + Vol.6 Ch.32

The owner gets hopeless and cry.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใ ใ‚‰ใ‘ใ‚‹ = to feel lazy; to feel languid. Sounds like ๆ€ (ใ ใ‚‹)ใ„ changed to a verb, to me.
  • ใƒใƒ“ใƒ‰ใƒณใƒจใƒผใƒ‰ = povidone iodine. The latter part, ใƒจใƒผใƒ‰ can be written in Kanji = ๆฒƒๅบฆ(ใ‚ˆใ†ใฉ) = iodine (ๆฒƒ็ด (ใ‚ˆใ†ใ)).
  • ใ‚ฆใƒ„ใƒœใ‚ซใ‚บใƒฉ = pitcher plant. Full Kanji is ้ซ่‘›(ใ†ใคใผใ‹ใšใ‚‰).
    • ้ญ(ใ†ใคใผ) = a quiver of arrows. Not sure about ใ†, but ๅฃบ(ใคใผ) is a pot.
    • ่‘›(ใ‹ใšใ‚‰) (ใ‹ใฅใ‚‰) = vine; creeper plant
  • ๅฐฑ(ใค)ใ = to be appointed to work. ไป•ไบ‹(ใ—ใ”ใจ)ใซๅฐฑ(ใค)ใ in context.
  • ็ฒ˜(ใญใฐ)ใ‚‹ = to be sticky; to be glutinous. Kanji from Level 47.
  • ไธŽ(ใใฟ)ใ™ใ‚‹ = to take sides with. Has Furigana in context. Of course it sounds like ็ต„(ใใฟ).
  • ๅ‹‡(ใ„ใ•)ใพใ—ใ„ = gallant; in high spirits. ๅ‹‡(ใ„ใ•)ใ‚€ is in Level 15 = to be in high spirits.
  • ๅคง(ใ ใ„)ใใ‚ŒใŸ = crazy; outrageous; extravagant (claims)
  • ็›ค็Ÿณ(ใฐใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ) = a huge rock; being very stable and firm
  • ๆƒ…ๅ‹•(ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใฉใ†) = emotion
  • ็–ฒ(ใคใ‹)ใ‚Œ็›ฎ(ใ‚) = eyestrain; too much eye usage
  • ่ง’่†œ(ใ‹ใใพใ) = cornea of eye. Probably like horn or epidermis.
  • ็ต่†œ(ใ‘ใคใพใ) = conjunctiva of eye. Why the Kanji though? Full of vessel networks?
  • ้ฃŸๅกฉ(ใ—ใ‚‡ใใˆใ‚“) = cooking salt
    • ็”Ÿ็†็š„้ฃŸๅกฉๆฐด(ใ›ใ„ใ‚Šใฆใใ—ใ‚‡ใใˆใ‚“ใ™ใ„) = normal saline solution, i.e. 0.9% NaCl
  • ๅผ›็ทฉ(ใ—ใ‹ใ‚“) = relaxation (of muscle); laxity
    • ็ญ‹ๅผ›็ทฉ(ใใ‚“ใ—ใ‹ใ‚“) = muscle relaxation
  • ่‡ชๅพ‹็ฅž็ตŒ(ใ˜ใ‚Šใคใ—ใ‚“ใ‘ใ„) = autonomic nervous system, composing of
    • ไบคๆ„Ÿ็ฅž็ตŒ(ใ“ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚“ใ‘ใ„) = sympathetic nervous system
    • ๅ‰ฏไบคๆ„Ÿ็ฅž็ตŒ(ใตใใ“ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚“ใ‘ใ„) = parasympathetic
    • ไบคๆ„Ÿ(ใ“ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“) is indeed mutual sympathy or rapport, but I am not sure where else the word can be used.
  • ๆญŒๅฃฐ(ใ†ใŸใ”ใˆ) = singing voice
  • ้…ช้…ธ(ใ‚‰ใใ•ใ‚“) = butyric acid (C4 carboxylic acid). First Kanji is from Level 59, dairy (milk product) => ้…ช่พฒ(ใ‚‰ใใฎใ†) (dairy farming).
  • ่บซ(ใฟ)ใ˜ใ‚ใŽ = slight movement. ใ˜ใ‚ใ˜ใ‚ is to be gazed at, so people gets uneasy and move a little? Full Kanji is ่บซๅ‹•(ใฟใ˜ใ‚)ใŽ.
  • ็›ด็ซ‹ไธๅ‹•(ใกใ‚‡ใใ‚Šใคใตใฉใ†) = standing upright, at attention
  • ไธ‡ไบ‹ไผ‘(ใฐใ‚“ใ˜ใใ‚…ใ†)ใ™ = There is nothing more that can be done. Third Kanji is just hard to guess reading when thinking as another verb.
  • ๆธ…ๆฟไฝต(ใ›ใ„ใ ใใ‚ใ‚)ใ›ๅ‘‘(ใฎ)ใ‚€ = to be broad-minded enough to associate with various types of people. No matter clear, no matter muddy. ไฝต(ใ‚ใ‚)ใ›ใ‚‹ is an alternate form of ๅˆ(ใ‚)ใ‚ใ›ใ‚‹.
    • Related Yojijukugo is ๆธ…ๆฟไฝตๅ‘‘(ใ›ใ„ใ ใใธใ„ใฉใ‚“).
  • ๆ‚ ใ€…่‡ช้ฉ(ใ‚†ใ†ใ‚†ใ†ใ˜ใฆใ) = living comfortably, free from worldly cares
  • ๅฐป(ใ—ใ‚Š)ใซๆ•ท(ใ—)ใ‹ใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to be dominated (usu. by spouse)

SFX

• ใƒ†ใ‚ฏใƒ†ใ‚ฏ = walking at steady pace (longer distance)

Replies

I guess I have the same sentiment. Also, the whole trope and unprogressing story thing.

I am also looking at this, and this thread; but I prefer not to have fantasy elements.

Indeed, I am concerned quite a bit when I canโ€™t read an email properly. Sometimes I feel itโ€™s not really about vocabularies, but rather about getting enough of what is required.

Similarly, I have a concern over manga vs novel, even if I donโ€™t mind reading a few pages of text.

22 Likes