📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

January 20 :snowflake: Home Post

Today’s a very sleepy day; I didn’t get to sit down to read until I was already pretty much dead so I didn’t get very far :joy: I struggled through like a page of 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ (and processed probably none of it lmao) then swapped over to ラストゲーム which was marginally easier for my tired brain, so I read like 8 pages there too. No worries, today was just a long day, so I’m gonna try to read a lot more tomorrow! Weekend :sparkles: But for now, off to bed for sure.

Random tangent about ミロ's name

So yesterday in 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ, ビスコ asked if ミロ’s name came from “that cocoa thing” and it turned out yeah it does, 「強(つよ)い子(こ)のミロ」, and I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about :joy: So I looked it up and Milo is a Nestle thing apparently?

I’ve very much never seen this in my life :joy: Not a thing in America apparently, but an interesting cultural thing to come across in the middle of 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ.

BUT because life is super weird, I went to walmart today and randomly found Milo, so of course I bought some :joy: I think maybe not the standard kind, I just got like a can? Idk but I had to follow through on this series of events, it was too perfect.

A couple words for funsies

入道雲(にゅうどうぐも) - cumulonimbus, giant columns of clouds (in summer)
千切(ちぎ)れ雲(ぐも) - scattered clouds
高原(こうげん) - plateau (love that a plateau is just a tall plain?? you’re so right japanese)
歯(は)ざわり - texture of food

22 Likes