📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

January 16 :snowflake: Home Post

Well I went feral today and read almost 11 pages of 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ :flushed: Honestly don’t know how I pulled that off, but man am I more invested than ever. I did run into a few more complex sentences that I was able to just read without looking up anything, so that felt really good! I can definitely tell that reading this is drilling a lot of vocab into my brain, so that’s also great! That’s what I’m looking for :grin:

But plot-wise the mushroom and panda boys finally met!! It was even more chaotic than I could’ve anticipated :joy: Best of luck to them haha. There was also a scene with ミロ’s sister that was very reminiscent of the scene with ジャビ talking about like who will protect ビスコ when he dies and I have a lot of feelings, those parallels hurt me man

Anyway very productive reading day out of nowhere! Really just had to force myself to stop because I have work in the morning, I wanted to keep going :eyes:

Some cool words

反逆罪(はんぎゃくざい) - treason
違和感(いわかん) - uncomfortable feeling, unease
尊大(そんだい) - haughtiness, pomposity
(おど)す - to threaten (ビスコ showing up like “you can make medicine right? I threatened three people and they all told me to come here” lmao)
(はち)() - beehive, something full of holes (metaphorically like saying something’s swiss cheese)
(くび)をかしげる - to tilt one’s head to the side (I just think of puppies like ??? precious :pleading_face:)

23 Likes