šŸ“ššŸ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ā˜ƒā„

Summary Post

February 12 ćƒ¼ February 20
Tobira lessons 1 to 5.
An NHK article IĀ“m too lazy to find about gear-shaped valentineā€™s day chocolate.

Okay I havenā€™t read today yet, but I keep postponing the update and itā€™s getting much harder to track so might as well :joy: .

So, Iā€™m alive!! ;-; What a chaotic week. I havenā€™t actually been too busy, but Iā€™ve been taking care of something these days that moved my usual reading times to the regular ā€œeh Iā€™ll read laterā€. And that meant, of course, that I read last moment before going to bed, as the great procrastinator in me will forever try to do. My reading amount and quality have taken a big hit, but I still forced myself to keep reading even if just a little bit.

So I mostly resumed Tobira. I havenā€™t worked on it for a long time and I know at this rate I probably would never have anyways. I just canā€™t bring myself to do the exercises; I know theyā€™re really beneficial, but following a script bores me a lot. BUT, I have decided that I still want to go through all the texts because they introduce a lot of grammar, and I want to check that I know all the grammar in Tobira, which is apparently around N3-N2, so it should cover a fair bit.

Now, I didnā€™t rush the lessons or anything. I actually had already done lessons 1 to 4, but it had been such a long time that I wanted to go through them anyways, see if I comprehend everything. And to my surprise, my comprehension level must have risen, because I had the impression I now got everything from the texts as opposed to back then, when I still comprehended the vast majority of it, but was still just a tiny bit of work. That was nice to discover, Iā€™m apparently doing something that is working over time. Since Iā€™m only reading though, and also listening afterwards, it will probably still take very little time to go through one lesson, so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if I finish it very quickly.

I hope I can resume a proper schedule again very soon, if not today, and to keep posting like I used to ;-; . I think I will most likely keep going after the challenge is done, though, I donā€™t feel particularly exhausted because honestly I had a chance to chill a lot these days, so Iā€™m back with energy again.

22 Likes