📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

Summary post
…and day 2 down!

today I read a chapter of よつばと4 with the little book club I’m in. It was, as usual, very cute and funny :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Only a few vocab lookups needed, and most of those were ones that I realised that I knew as soon as I saw the kanji, so a nice chill read. Only one more chapter until we are done with this volume!

I also read volume 6 of 呪術廻戦, and then the first chapter of volume 7. In contrast to よつばと, still a lot of vocab lookups needed here, but I think I’m at least starting to break through the ‘reading a new manga series/writer’ wall. Volume 6 was way more exciting than vol 5 as expected. Despite my complaints last time, I am really enjoying this manga, mainly because of the wealth of really likeable characters (including more than one that I thought ‘ugh, I hate them’ on their first appearance and within the span of a few chapters was like " :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:omg I love them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:") and the series general sense of humour. I have tomorrow and tuesday to finish off vols 7 & 8 before the free period runs out - they might be a bit slower going than these last two which contained a lot of fight scenes which were lighter on text…but should be just about doable! It will be tempting to just continue straight on with the series once I’m through the free ones…but I keep promising myself that I will try another novel so I should probably do that!

Very much same! I want to read the rest of the NO.6 series but I don’t think I’m good enough for it yet - I definitely limped my way through the first one looking up like half the words in each sentence which got in the way of my enjoyment I think. Will be interested to hear how you find orange as it’s also one that I’ve considered!

25 Likes